Question about RNG

Moderator: Moderator

Mercenary480

Question about RNG

Post by Mercenary480 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:16 am

Hi, I currently play on Nasomi. Today he decided to implement the Distance RNG nerf. In doing so he broke RNG completly. (All WS miss 100% of the time, Damage/Accuracy is a much higher rate than he claimed)

Does Eden have the distance a mob is affect RNG atk or acc at all? It was the worst thing SE did in retail and I'm extremely pissed he brought that there.
If he does not balance it better, I'm highly considering leaving and coming here.

Thank you for your time.

Corla

Re: Question about RNG

Post by Corla » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:29 am

Nope, that change is out of era and thus not on this server.

klement

Post by klement » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:40 am

The distance correction thing isn't out of era. It was added in 2005.
http://www.playonline.com/pcd/update/ff ... etail.html

Limlight

Post by Limlight » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:54 pm

theres a difference between the rng nerf and the distance/sweet spot/velocity shot change. rng could do 2k slugwinders to merit mobs (non birds) with minuets then it was reduced in 05. kupo/eden has that first change in. rng is still very strong, atm ranged dmg to hnm is wrong but devs have other priorities. for instance in dynamis/merits my kclub rng top dmgs by a wide margin (vs ridill/merited wars). the distance/sweet spot change in 06 is what killed the job. why bring rng when u can bring a 2hander/blms. i hope the change on nasomi never comes here. it would be a huge mistake by the devs imo. it was the death of rng until 99 cap.

case in point, with chaos roll and sole sushi i do 1200-1400 slugs in dyna. little more in merits due to 25% piercing bonus.https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Distance for info on sweet spot and change to dmg

elysien

Post by elysien » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:15 am

Limlight wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:54 pm
theres a difference between the rng nerf and the distance/sweet spot/velocity shot change. rng could do 2k slugwinders to merit mobs (non birds) with minuets then it was reduced in 05. kupo/eden has that first change in. rng is still very strong, atm ranged dmg to hnm is wrong but devs have other priorities. for instance in dynamis/merits my kclub rng top dmgs by a wide margin (vs ridill/merited wars). the distance/sweet spot change in 06 is what killed the job. why bring rng when u can bring a 2hander/blms. i hope the change on nasomi never comes here. it would be a huge mistake by the devs imo. it was the death of rng until 99 cap.

case in point, with chaos roll and sole sushi i do 1200-1400 slugs in dyna. little more in merits due to 25% piercing bonus.https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Distance for info on sweet spot and change to dmg
I've never played RNG, but those 1.2k~1.4k slugs in dyna could be a bit inflated with dyna enemies basically having 0 defence, unless my 2600~3.2k stacked shark bites and 700~1k unstacked DE with just coeurl sub/yellow curry bun are accurate---which I very much doubt is true, but I didn't play thief on retail either.

More on topic though, currently the distance thing isn't present on the server, but it's also not impossible that it could very well be somewhere down the line. I feel like some questionable decisions have been made concerning some jobs. As much as I like the server and would vouch for it; I would need to stress that coming over for such a reason is not something I would call a good one, as this change could become a thing at any point.

Limlight

Post by Limlight » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:45 pm

city dyna mobs are lvl 78ish. theyre supposed to be piss easy. northlands fomor/demons go up to 90.

i use sole due to club. my thf isnt full+1 heca and only +3 dex ring. my sa+shark are around 2100ish (elvann) with c.subs. de's are a little less than your (no dagger merits) war rampages are 700-1k+, again city dyna mobs are easy.

i finally talked fate into letting me have brd+cor. double march chaos sam rolls is bonkers. i can self sc on rng frequently! pure shooting rng is slower of course but still solid.

Godmode

Post by Godmode » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:35 am

elysien wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:15 am
More on topic though, currently the distance thing isn't present on the server, but it's also not impossible that it could very well be somewhere down the line. I feel like some questionable decisions have been made concerning some jobs. As much as I like the server and would vouch for it; I would need to stress that coming over for such a reason is not something I would call a good one, as this change could become a thing at any point.
I'd agree with Elysien here--don't come here just for RNG. While we are 99% era accurate we do make some exceptions in case of job balance. However those exceptions are far and few between. DSP did not have the "sweet spot" coded at the time we stopped merging in changes and from what I hear RNG on Eden is not extremely overpowered. If that's the case I don't see the need to add this change but it's not to say that it's out of the question.