Can't install

Post about recruitment, items for sale, game mechanics, et cetera.

Moderator: Moderator

Ion

Can't install

Post by Ion » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:29 pm

Anyone had this issue? Downloaded it, accepted the terms, hit next, it began installing, went through the C++, then installed a bunch of other files, then it goes right back to the screen where it's asking you to accept the terms and says "Not responding". I can't complete the installation.

gweivyth

Re: Can't install

Post by gweivyth » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:40 pm

Ion wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:29 pm
Anyone had this issue? Downloaded it, accepted the terms, hit next, it began installing, went through the C++, then installed a bunch of other files, then it goes right back to the screen where it's asking you to accept the terms and says "Not responding". I can't complete the installation.
Best bet is to hit up the tech support channel in discord. More people watch that than they do the forums.

https://discord.gg/PYYKCqv
Gweivyth.//
  • 75 WAR, MNK, PLD, THF, DRG, NIN, WHM
  • Bonecraft 100+2
  • Leathercraft 60
  • Clothcraft 82+2
New and need some friends? Join Skyward! Our discord!

Ion

Post by Ion » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:51 pm

I don't use Discord. Hopefully someone will stop by the forums and respond to this thread.

Godmode

Post by Godmode » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:10 pm

If you’re having trouble with the installer and can’t find help through here or Discord there is a guide by Homepoint you can use to install the normal way. But you won’t be version locked.

Kaddis

Post by Kaddis » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:37 pm

I just created a topic about the same issue, my solution was to reboot and try again. What do you know, it worked. Looked like it was an issue with some of the redistributable that are/were installed that required a reboot to finalize.

Voila. My problem was solved. Hopefully others who had this same issue came to a similar realization.