Behind the scenes of Eden Discussion

Post about recruitment, items for sale, game mechanics, et cetera.

Moderator: Moderator

Mozzy

Re: Behind the scenes of Eden Discussion

Post by Mozzy » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:30 pm

Hoch wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:09 pm
I guess we have to ban all the players who report bugs now. Whether or not they were testing something, if they found a bug, they were clearly cheating.

If a player stumbles upon an exploit to solo Kirin in 1second and then reports it without having told Godmode, then it's fair game.

if I stumble upon an exploit to solo Kirin in 1 second and then report it without having told Godmode ahead of time, I'm now banned.
You tried to bring up this BS argument to me on discord and I immediately destroyed it... now you're trying to bring it up here too?

You seem to completely ignore the FACT that you were told you could do these things ONLY if you told Godmode about it in the first place. Outside of that scenario, you literally cannot argue against a ban. It's flat-out cheating at that point, and not "white-hat".

Hoch wrote:
This is the logic you're throwing at me. Someone told me fishing was broken 6 months ago and I investigated it. Is that cheating? From the time I started testing and initialized my final script to the time I got jailed was approximately 12 minutes.
Yes, it's still cheating. The fact that you cannot understand this is baffling. The reason you were unbanned was because you agreed to only do this kinda thing IF you told Godmode about it (which you didn't follow)
Hoch wrote:
Alchemy synthing was not a bannable offense and you know it wasn't.
It is when you're using packet injection to end the synth early, allowed you level up at a much faster rate than usual. Again, dunno how you can't understand that.
Hoch wrote:
I was not "caught" cheating, ever. Your logic continues to show that you're just stringing things together to avoid backlash from the community.

As the pic above talks about, you WERE caught cheating. 3 times.
1st: considered OK cause you came forward about it quickly...though I wonder about the exact timeline... You said "started testing and initialized final script". So after the first test you didn't see that it was exploitable? Maybe shoulda brought that up to someone? How long did it take from the time you found out that it WAS exploitable, do the time that you went to talk to Godmode about you "testing and planning to bug report it".
2nd: You obviously know that using packet injection to end a synth early and thus progressing at a much faster rate compared to other players is against the rules. You DIDN'T tell anybody about this. Godmode had to bring it up to you cause he noticed that you leveled crafting quickly, you TRIED to hide the fact that you were cheating, and failed at hiding it. THAT'S when you came forward about it. At this point you were given the chance to test
things SO LONG AS YOU TOLD GODMODE BEFORE HAND
3rd: You were duping Vile Elixirs to test how VIT and Shield Skill worked. You were banned for this. There is literally nothing you can say to argue that you weren't cheating based on your very own definition of what cheating is (which honestly is pretty inaccurate). You didn't tell Godmode you were testing this, you were caught red-handed by a GM.

You continue trying to argue that you being banned wasn't fair (or at one point in our conversation, that Godmode wasn't "innocent"). I don't understand why. It's pretty clear what everyone's opinion on this is.

Mozzy

Post by Mozzy » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:33 pm

iamhim wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:16 pm
I'm sorry but where exactly in that lengthy conversation with godmode, did he say you are free to pos hack during your testing?
According to him, he didn't POS hack. Apparently some of the stuff he has loaded (which he didn't disclose what exactly except for PacketViewer which can't everything he was able to do) has weird side effects and can cause things to happen. Technically still against the rules since whatever he has loaded obviously isn't on the list of approved addons and thus would warrant at least jail time considering what it was capable of doing. I'm not sure how exactly something he has loaded could randomly do something like that considering his method of injecting packets was to just create a small windower lua to do so. Wasn't like it was something that would just randomly do things by itself.

Swift

Post by Swift » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:46 pm

I think Godmode had good intentions with poor execution.

Having someone with a knack for finding and reporting exploits of this caliber is good thing to have in your corner.

Discovering and reporting bugs is one thing, but using blacklisted tools and dupes to do/test whatever you please is another.

The agreement wasn't a free pass to run rampant on the server with immunity under the premise of "testing" and I'm sure Professor Hojo knew this.

This is why I like the no tolerance take on people who've have been caught exploiting.

People who cheat will continue to cheat if given the opportunity. It's in their nature

Resonance

Post by Resonance » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:09 pm

only thing i see is this guy was a waste of a kclub lol

Mozzy

Post by Mozzy » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:12 pm

Swift wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:46 pm
Having someone with a knack for finding and reporting exploits of this caliber is good thing to have in your corner.
My response is a bit off-topic I realize, but please don't say that he is good at exploiting things. It's not something that's difficult to do, the difficulty is getting away with it and he obviously is horrible at that since he got caught multiple times. The only reason he even knew about the things he did was because he was told about them (whether directly, or by looking it up). He didn't figure it out on his own. I imagine the reason why those things weren't already blocked server-side is because nobody bothered being so blatant with it.

Kochie

Post by Kochie » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:24 pm

My question is how is "trying to get a better understanding of vit stat" in line with your deal with godmode anyway? Is there a vitality exploit you were trying to duplicate?

Mozzy

Post by Mozzy » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:30 am

Kochie wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:24 pm
My question is how is "trying to get a better understanding of vit stat" in line with your deal with godmode anyway? Is there a vitality exploit you were trying to duplicate?
and even if there was, it would be breaking the rule that he agreed to with Godmode since he didn't tell Godmode he was testing that at that time.

Doomtrout

Post by Doomtrout » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:51 am

Resonance wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:09 pm
only thing i see is this guy was a waste of a kclub lol
only lost a kclub?
amateur hour amirite, lim?

amia

Post by amia » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:55 am

Well godmode don't ban people just like that for no reason same goes for Nasomi server he just don't ban people beacsue its fun.... i Have play both Nasomi and kupo/eden never been ban why?
beacuse i play game as it should be.

If anyone decide Exploiting attentionally then you have no right come back and ask for unban.

Meyi

Post by Meyi » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:55 pm

There's a difference between stumbling into a bug in the game as it was intended to be played as, and randomly breaking shit via addons and packet injecting for the sole purpose of cheating.

I'm sure Godmode didn't tell his GM crew because he wanted to make sure they were capable of doing their jobs and finding cheaters breaking the system. Or he may have suspected one of them to be Hocho. Either way I think we should respect his decision for this, even if it may appear bizarre at first.

Let this be a lesson to people that packet injecting and intentionally hacking the private server of a twenty year old poorly known mmo just won't fly. I feel people's ability to grasp logic without slipping into strawmans is as rare as warrior's ability to provoke after yesterday's server update.