Inactive bazaars

A place for the community to collaborate on the current and upcoming development of the server.

Moderator: Moderator

Kurt

Inactive bazaars

Post by Kurt » Wed May 15, 2019 1:12 pm

The website for the AH shows a bunch of items for sale by inactive player bazaars (a player bazaar that hasn't logged in, in over 1 month). Let us consider all the bazaar listings for rice dumplings and sole sushi:

1) Approximately 38 bazaar listings, 31 of those 38 listings are from players that haven't logged in, in over 1 month.
2) 19 of the total 38 listings originate from from 1 player.
3) 38 bazaar listing from 6 players, of those 6 players half of them haven't logged in, in over 1 month. The other half logged in in just the past few days.
4) Of the total 38 listings for rice dumplings/sole sushi only 7 of them are from players that have logged in in the past few days.
5) All of the bazaar listings for rice dumplings are from inactive player bazaars.

These bazaar listings could be considered a false indicator of the current market value and supply for these items. I'm just stating facts here cause I know damn well that Godmode will not listen to my suggestions. LUL :D

cloudy_desarroi

Re: Inactive bazaars

Post by cloudy_desarroi » Wed May 15, 2019 5:28 pm

Definitely agree that those listings can be misleading. I find it annoying when I'm looking for a somewhat obscure item and find it in a player's bazaar only to find that the player hasn't logged in for a month.

I think that perhaps players who haven't logged in for a month don't have their items listed or even just have the listings denoted with a different color so that anyone looking for a specific item knows immediately that they probably won't be able to get in contact with a seller.

I'm sure you've already thought of something like this, but I figured I'd give my two cents. :D

Godmode

Re: Inactive bazaars

Post by Godmode » Thu May 16, 2019 10:44 am

I’ve thought about how I will handle this but for now the best solution is to check the last logged in time for that character.