Playing Nasomi and Eden on same computer

Post about recruitment, items for sale, game mechanics, et cetera.

Moderator: Moderator

Hitlur

Playing Nasomi and Eden on same computer

Post by Hitlur » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:22 pm

Hello friends,

Recently 10+ of my friends left nasomi to join Eden. I want to do the same, I'd like to test it out first before deleting/removing Nasomi.

My question is, can I run FFXI Eden and Nasomi on same computer? Currently im using a Mac and use Boot to switch my mac to windows~

Please assist so I can join this community.

Best,
Hitlur

Mozzy

Re: Playing Nasomi and Eden on same server

Post by Mozzy » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:43 am

On our discord, there's a #tech-support channel. In that channel's pinned messages is a guide on how to run 2 installs on 1 PC. I'm not sure how applicable it would be for a MacBoot setup, but I'm sure it'd get you an idea on where to start.

cieltaru

Re: Playing Nasomi and Eden on same computer

Post by cieltaru » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:16 am

I'm posting a client to play FFXI on macOS. I guess you could play Nasomi on Windows and Eden on macOS with that ;)
It should be posted in this forum under Community > General soon.

Dexx

Post by Dexx » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:47 pm

Search Nasomi forums.

Haven’t logged I since new boootloader, but if I recall correctly this used the same load up as retail. Nasomi uses something else but there is a script you can run that will automatically switch between retail loading (or eden through ashita) and Nasomi.

It might be on the wiki. You will have to put in your file parhway for your eden files and your file pathway for your Nasomi files. And run it when you change between servers.

Mozzy

Post by Mozzy » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:06 am

Dexx wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:47 pm
Search Nasomi forums.

Haven’t logged I since new boootloader, but if I recall correctly this used the same load up as retail. Nasomi uses something else but there is a script you can run that will automatically switch between retail loading (or eden through ashita) and Nasomi.

It might be on the wiki. You will have to put in your file parhway for your eden files and your file pathway for your Nasomi files. And run it when you change between servers.
This doesn't use the same files as retail, but you can use retail files here (can cause issues though). The guide I mentioned in my post above has a much simpler (and better) version of what Nasomi uses. Swapping between retail and a private server has an extra step that you'd have to do, which is mentioned in the guide as well.