Are Guild Points era accurate?

Post about recruitment, items for sale, game mechanics, et cetera.

Moderator: Moderator

Awesome

Are Guild Points era accurate?

Post by Awesome » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:46 am

Never did anything in retail that required me to gain Guild Points before but recently I've been trading in Guild Points for the Fishing Guild and I don't know, things seem easier that what the wiki (FFXIclopedia) is saying. For example the wiki would say I gain 30 GP for each Crayfish I trade in, so it says I need to trade in 128 fish but actually I only need to trade in 43 to hit the limit. Am I misunderstanding something, the wiki reflects retail and this isn't retail so maybe the GP is set differently here but I don't know.

Wutface

Re: Are Guild Points era accurate?

Post by Wutface » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:09 am

Typically you'll find the limit for the GP item on the wiki page if you look under the history tab. It's ranged to about 2008/09'ish to find the most accurate. Basically I'll talk to the GP person, look up the item's history on wiki and find the amount I can get, then that'll tell you what you can expect per point. I triple check by trading one of the items and then looking at the limit.

Awesome

Post by Awesome » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:32 am

Okay I get it, it is era I'm just looking at the wrong years. Thanks

Andres

Post by Andres » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:17 pm

You should get the same guild points per item, but the limit was tripled at some point out of era.

in your example you turned in 1/3 of the current retail limit