Job Adjustments, Community Feedback

Moderator: Moderator

Cygon

Job Adjustments, Community Feedback

Post by Cygon » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:18 pm

Please let the development team know which issues, even ones yet recorded, with each job that are incorrect, weak, overpowered, and/or bothersome with any available proof/citations, keep in mind we are trying to stay era accurate as much as possible, and give your thoughts on order of importance. Feedback obtained through these posts will be used to help prioritize and direct development efforts to make the most impact for the community in a timely manner.

Please do not argue with other posters, stay on the constructive track, and avoid fluffy explanation.

Magic Accuracy
Member of the Eden Development Team
Adventures on Eden Blog : https://adventuresoneden.blogspot.com/

BengtJonssonJr

Re: Job Adjustments, Community Feedback

Post by BengtJonssonJr » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:09 am

I seem to get very different cast times on some spells compared to what my castbar suggests. The castbar often goes very fast but my spell is not nearly finished casting. This is quite frustrating when kiting and just feels generally unpolished otherwise. Not sure if this is just me but since you asked I thought I'd mention it.

Meyi

Post by Meyi » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:53 pm

BengtJonssonJr wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:09 am
I seem to get very different cast times on some spells compared to what my castbar suggests. The castbar often goes very fast but my spell is not nearly finished casting. This is quite frustrating when kiting and just feels generally unpolished otherwise. Not sure if this is just me but since you asked I thought I'd mention it.
This is due to retail having changed its casting spell times (and spell costs) and thus the UI is set to retail's new values, while Eden is going off of original values. So the bar (and menu) are not accurate for early level BLM spells (tier III onward should be more accurate).

1. Magic Accuracy - I felt that this was severely lacking when I was leveling black mage. I was disappointed by how many resists I had, even with having leveled red mage first and having capped elemental magic. But, my BLM is only 15 so I don't have much evidence at this time to share. If it would be beneficial I could take screenshots.

Strider

Post by Strider » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:35 pm

Meyi wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:53 pm
BengtJonssonJr wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:09 am
This is due to retail having changed its casting spell times (and spell costs) and thus the UI is set to retail's new values, while Eden is going off of original values. So the bar (and menu) are not accurate for early level BLM spells (tier III onward should be more accurate).

1. Magic Accuracy - I felt that this was severely lacking when I was leveling black mage. I was disappointed by how many resists I had, even with having leveled red mage first and having capped elemental magic. But, my BLM is only 15 so I don't have much evidence at this time to share. If it would be beneficial I could take screenshots.
In regards to the UI, if you use the Eden installer, the castbar and MP values will be era-accurate (And ashitacast will equip accordingly)

In regards to MACC, Magic Accuracy is rough until Ele Staves. Most BLMs I find don't have much INT gear. When I leveled my RDM I had dual Eremite +1, best INT+ wand, and used INT food and didn't get many ele resists. Obviously not all BLMs will have gear like that. It's heavily dependent on INT at lower levels.

**Please note this is only my experience on red mage 10-20+