Taru Maat Fight

Moderator: Moderator

imabee

Taru Maat Fight

Post by imabee » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:27 pm

Hi fellow BLMs! I've tried the Maat fight as a BLM a few times without much luck. He keeps one-shotting me with a -ga spell. I did this as a WAR on an alt and face-rolled the old guy thanks to the Opo neck and Blink band.

I'm sure I'm probably doing something wrong. Hoping for some advice and also confirmation that it's possible to kill this guy as a Taru.

Veikuri

Re: Taru Maat Fight

Post by Veikuri » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:16 pm

You should be able to stun his ga spells and also sleep/bind him. Is none of that working? Are your skills capped and do you have relevant gear? AM > Sleep II > AM > Stun whatever spell he does > spell of choice. Throw in Manafont if you run out of mp. Use Bio I/II if you think you're about to die and just RR and kill him.

Can you tell us what you're doing in your fight plus your gear to give you a more accurate advice?

sootle

Post by sootle » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:08 pm

if you want to borrow my blink band let me know. Not a whole lot to the fight except to sleep him if he tries to do ga3 ya and you need to have capped or near capped relevant magic skills.

imabee

Post by imabee » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:45 pm

I beat the old man after 4 tries. Came in just wearing Devotee's Mitts. Once in, I geared up, used a Melon Pie+1 & popped a blink band. The fight took ~7 minutes in total. I used also used a vile elixir & vile elixir +1 to stay alive and manafont for AM spells.

Running away from Maat's spells (when possible) and leaving him slept allowing stun to go off CD helped a lot. I dodged a bullet about 5 mins in when Maat hit me with sleepga, Fortunately for me, he casted an elemental debuffs on me while asleep (AM or T3 AoE would've done me in). I had ~100HP towards the end and hit Maat with bio (not sure if 1 or 2 as I was panicking) then started to prepare for death. I lucked out! He cast Poison on me which gave me enough time to run away from him and create a bit of distance. At 20 HP left he gave up. I honestly thought I had died since my health was ticking down.

40degrees

Post by 40degrees » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:26 pm

Gratss!!

I watched a few online videos, on how to defeat Maat, and this was very helpful.