Job Adjustments, Community Feedback

Cygon
Developer

Job Adjustments, Community Feedback

Post by Cygon » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:19 pm

Please let the development team know which issues, even ones yet recorded, with each job that are incorrect, weak, overpowered, and/or bothersome with any available proof/citations, keep in mind we are trying to stay era accurate as much as possible, and give your thoughts on order of importance. Feedback obtained through these posts will be used to help prioritize and direct development efforts to make the most impact for the community in a timely manner.

Please do not argue with other posters, stay on the constructive track, and avoid fluffy explanation.

Anything Yet?
Last edited by Cygon on Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Member of the Eden Development Team
Adventures on Eden Blog : https://adventuresoneden.blogspot.com/

NuwaNightstone

Re: Job Adjustments, Community Feedback

Post by NuwaNightstone » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:48 pm

The most important thing right now as far as thief is concerned is the calculation for Bloody bolts. Right now bloody bolts more often than not heal for less than half of what they would be healing on retail. Very early on in retail I remember the cap for bloody bolts being a consistent 75, with a resisted bolt instead healing for 37, with that being reduced by half again on enemies strong against the bolt element.

Mobs that were weak to bloody bolts such as damselflies would heal for more than 75.

As it is right now the inconsistency of bloody bolts makes it very difficult to solo much of anything. It's pitiful that a level 25 consumable restores the hit points of a regular Cure.

Old conversations about the effectiveness of bloody bolts around era times can be found here: http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?fitem=3162

gweivyth

Re: Job Adjustments, Community Feedback

Post by gweivyth » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:07 pm

I'm working on Bloody Bolts. If you can provide more information about era values I'd be happy to adjust, but from everything I could tell about testing on retail, the current DSP version of Bloody Bolts are working properly. But yeah, shoot me some source info.
Gweivyth.//
  • 75 WAR, MNK, PLD, THF, DRG, NIN, WHM
  • Bonecraft 100+5
  • Leathercraft 60+1
  • Clothcraft 82+2
New and need some friends? Join Skyward! Our discord!