Rapid Shot

Moderator: Moderator

Zardoz

Rapid Shot

Post by Zardoz » Wed May 01, 2019 3:21 am

Hey fellow RNG, I was hoping to get some feedback on other folks' experiences with Rapid Shot procs as I did not play RNG on retail so have no basis for comparison. When my bow is firing off normally, I'm able to just hit my /ra macro right after my bow is put away and fire shot after shot. After a Rapid Shot proc, however, I can spam my macro all I like but I won't pull the bow back out to shoot until what seems like the same delay of a regular shot. As a number of guides I've read suggest meriting Rapid Shot for increased dps and TP gain, this seems like a bug. Because otherwise what's the point of Rapid Shot?

Some digging through the issues on GitHub led to this: https://github.com/EdenServer/community/issues/1026. It's been closed as a duplicate of the RA cooldown issue which got patched one or two updates back. However, they don't really seem like the same issue to me unless I'm not understanding the underlying code. So before I open another issue on something that's been declared closed, I wanted to see if anyone else has similar experiences with Rapid Shot procs and make sure it's not just me tweaking. Is this Rapid Shot working as intended?

cloudy_desarroi

Re: Rapid Shot

Post by cloudy_desarroi » Mon May 06, 2019 6:36 pm

I've noticed the same problem, so it's not just you.

I'm honestly quite confused on what the state of the current issues with Ranged Attack in general is. I see many issues being closed despite the issues seemingly not being fixed.

Zardoz

Post by Zardoz » Tue May 07, 2019 4:40 pm

Thanks for the reply. I’ve talked to a few RNG in game too and it does seem that Rapid Shot isn’t currently working as it should be. If anyone is able or knows of the best way to provide hard evidence of this it would be much appreciated.

As far as the other RA bug where you had to wait the full delay if a target goes out of range, it does seem to be fixed, but I will admit I haven’t been the puller much since that patch so don’t have extensive testing.

Zardoz

Post by Zardoz » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:53 am

Update: This issue now has a more thorough github bug report from Caelic.

https://github.com/EdenServer/community/issues/1693

Friendjack

Post by Friendjack » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:32 am

I have been able to do other things after the rapid shot proc (atleast as I have observed) such as JA’s or auto attacks; it only seems to affect being able to do another /ra after I put away my weap. Anyone else noticed?
Got questions? Check out Godmode’s FAQ
Got even more questions? Check out Shoruto’s FAQ
Completely clueless and maybe even a little stupid? Check out Friendjacks Worst Guide to 75 for Bads

Zardoz

Post by Zardoz » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:37 pm

Friendjack wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:32 am
I have been able to do other things after the rapid shot proc (atleast as I have observed) such as JA’s or auto attacks; it only seems to affect being able to do another /ra after I put away my weap. Anyone else noticed?
This is my experience too. It's only preventing a standard /ra until delay is finished.