Job Adjustments, Community Feedback

Moderator: Moderator

Cygon

Job Adjustments, Community Feedback

Post by Cygon » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:24 pm

Please let the development team know which issues, even ones yet recorded, with each job that are incorrect, weak, overpowered, and/or bothersome with any available proof/citations, keep in mind we are trying to stay era accurate as much as possible, and give your thoughts on order of importance. Feedback obtained through these posts will be used to help prioritize and direct development efforts to make the most impact for the community in a timely manner.

Please do not argue with other posters, stay on the constructive track, and avoid fluffy explanation.

Lots of PUP Issues
Member of the Eden Development Team
Adventures on Eden Blog : https://adventuresoneden.blogspot.com/

Starbucks

Re: Job Adjustments, Community Feedback

Post by Starbucks » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:42 pm

I think the biggest thing for PUP right now is available in-era attachments.

Most notable: Flame Holder, Ice Maker, Reactive Shield, Tranquilizer, Attuner, Equalizer, Schurzen, Turbo Charger, Drum Magazine, Mana Channeler, Target Marker, Dynamo, Condenser, Optic Fiber, Economizer, Eraser.

Many of these are obtained through "Pulling the Strings ENM" or "Targeting the Captain ??? Box". PUP does not have access to gear endgame that helps them out much more after AF and relic armor. These attachments are essential towards endgame progression for a PUP and could be argued that it is at least 1/4 of the potential that we cannot attain at the moment.

I realize implementing Pulling the String ENM and Targeting the Captain ??? Box is a much bigger issue; so to start small....er

Flame Holder & Ice Breaker are crafted and the item holding it back is "Super Cermet" which is from ENM Reward exchange Virgin image.

The main reason Flame Holder & Ice Maker should be prioritized first is because early players were able to outright buy them from an out of era NPC before it was nuked and they got to keep the items.

Reference: https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Ca ... did=390332

mcoops

Post by mcoops » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:47 am

1) Automaton WHM & RDM Enhancing/Healing Magic Priority - Would make things smoother as right now the WHM automaton likes to buff itself and its master first rather than whoever has hate on the current target. WHM automaton also won't heal party members with low hp if they aren't on the targets hate list either.

2) Damage Gauge - As the report for this one says the automaton doesn't react to this attachment for itself adding some danger in some situations.

3) Flashbulb - Seems to scale with level rather than being a flat -accuracy so ends up being very weak at lower levels but fine at higher levels.

4) Valoredge Frame Parry - Would help with some damage mitigation for when the automaton is tanking.

5) Pulling the Strings - From what I've read this ENM was being worked on but was looking to have all variations of the fight for all the jobs be implemented. Could prioritize a temporary PUP only version so that it can be attempted for key attachments.

6) Tageting the Captain - This also contains key in era attachments, however it is also only available after ToAU mission 17. When missions are up to that point it would be nice to have it worked on then.

Danzibar

Post by Danzibar » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:48 pm

As someone who is trying to build a pup tank, I find not having easy access to the "strobe" attachment exceptionally difficult to make it work.

As there are a limited number of end game players available to farm for the attachments (currently the only way of obtaining the attachment), it is extremely rare on the AH (2 sales this year).

In this era it wasn't available off the NPC in Nashmau. That said, I think making it available at a reasonable price would be a good compromise for all us pups that are wanting to make this job work!

Kind regards
Dan

Volkaru

Post by Volkaru » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:56 pm

I think until pulling the strings and Targeting the captain is available. Implement the out of era NPC that sells those attachments based on your level. For a high price. Or at least get Pulling The Plug out for Flame Holder/Ice maker.
https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Yoyoroon
https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Rararoon