Issues setting up the new bootmod? Click here.

Having a technical problem? Post in here and we'll try to help.
Mozzy

Issues setting up the new bootmod? Click here.

Post by Mozzy » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:49 am

ALL USERS:

NOTE1: If you have any issues following this guide, please join the discord and @ Mozzy in the #tech-support channel. That's the fastest way to get ahold of me. If you don't want to use Discord (I highly recommend using it), then reply below with everything you've done up to the point that's causing you problems, and what exactly the problem is (Don't just say "not working", explain what is not working and how)
NOTE2: edenxi and edenxi.exe when spoken of in this guide are the same thing. The difference in names is due to whether or not you have Windows set to show file extensions.
NOTE3: If you were sent here for a guide on how to simply UPDATE your already existing edenxi.exe loader, you can ignore the sections pertaining to Ashita and Windower users. You only need to follow the short section below to download the current version of the loader, then copy/paste the downloaded file from the url below into wherever your current edenxi.exe is located. Make sure you OVERWRITE the previous one, otherwise the updated one will have it's name changed which will cause it to not work until you change it back to just edenxi

If you're using AVG antivirus or Avast! you'll need to temporarily disable them to download the file. Those two (and maybe others) will false-flag it and prevent you from downloading it and/or running it. Before re-enabling your antivirus, you need to add an exception for the ffxi-bootmod folder itself (not just the bootloader) to your antivirus so that it won't prevent you from connecting to the game.
For info on how to do that, click the appropriate link for your antivirus:

AVG
Avast!

(I'll add more as people mention what antivirus they use that is causing problems, those are the 2 I know of currently)

Go to viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3 and click the 4th link from the top (red-boxed link in image below) to download the new bootloader. Make sure you select "Save", and not "Run".

Ashita Users:

1) Navigate to your downloads folder
2) Right-click edenxi (may be named edenxi.exe if you have file extensions set to show) and hit "Copy"
3) Navigate to your Ashita install location. If you used the Eden Installer, default location is \Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\Ashita\
4) Open the folder called "ffxi-bootmod" and right-click -> Paste (IT MUST STAY NAMED THE SAME AS WHEN YOU DOWNLOADED IT) into your ffxi-bootmod folder.
5) Right-click edenxi -> Properties -> Compatibility tab -> "Change settings for all users" -> Make sure "Run this program as an administrator" has a check-mark, then hit "OK"
6) Open Ashita.exe and right-click -> edit configuration on the ashita profile that you have been using
7) Click the button with the 3 red dots (show in picture below)

8) A file explorer will open. Open the ffxi-bootmod folder again.
9) Click on the drop-down menu in the bottom-right of the file-explorer where it says "PlayOnline Executable (pol.exe)" (picture below) and click on "All Files", then click on edenxi and select "Open" in the file explorer

10) Remove --server play.edenxi.com and --hairpin from the "Command:" section of your Ashita profile. They are no longer necessary. --username and --password are still usable with the new bootloader.
11) Make sure you click the file icon at the bottom of the ashita profile (see picture) to save your new settings.

12) Launch your Ashita profile just like you normally would and you're done!

Windower Users:

NOTE: Barfiller and xivbar will crash the game. Make sure you are no longer using them! (my guess is because they overlay images on the game in a manner that mimics some disallowed addons)

1) Navigate to your downloads folder
2) Right-click edenxi (may be named edenxi.exe if you have file extensions set to show) and hit "Copy"
3) Navigate to where your Windower folder is
4) Right-click -> Paste (IT MUST STAY NAMED THE SAME AS WHEN YOU DOWNLOADED IT) into your Windower folder
5) Right-click edenxi -> Properties -> Compatibility tab -> "Change settings for all users" -> Make sure "Run this program as an administrator" has a check-mark, then hit "OK"
6) Open settings.xml (could also just be called "settings") with notepad and scroll to where your previous Profile is listed. For example, if your previous profile was called "Others" (as mine is in the picture below), scroll down to where it says <profile name="Others">
7) At the bottom of that profile line, before </profile>, add <executable>edenxi.exe</executable> (see picture below)

NOTE: The other settings (width, height, uiscale, etc) don't need to match mine. All that matters is that <executable>edenxi.exe</executable> is before </profile> for the profile you've been using

8) Click "File" at the top of the Notepad window and select "Save", then close the Notepad
10) Launch your Windower profile just like you normally would and you're done!
Last edited by Mozzy on Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:14 am, edited 6 times in total.

Aiko

Re: Issues setting up the new bootmod? Click here.

Post by Aiko » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:11 am

This is an extremely well put together guide! Good work Mozzy.

Capsaicin

Post by Capsaicin » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:51 pm

I'm very new here. What is the new bootmod?

Mozzy

Post by Mozzy » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:09 pm

Capsaicin wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:51 pm
Most FFXI private servers use a bootmod (AKA: Loader, boot loader, booter, launcher, etc) called pol.exe. We used to use the same one, however we now use one that is specifically called edenxi and it's pre-loaded and setup with the new installer. You don't, however, need to re-install to use it. This guide is for those who haven't already switched over to the new loader, because the old one will no longer work on eden.

So if you're able to play right now, you already have it and it's setup.

Orc Shaman

Post by Orc Shaman » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:58 pm

Capsaicin wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:51 pm
launch file