Beetle Armor Color

Post about Eden, gameplay mechanics, your love of FFXI, whatever!
Taritzu

Beetle Armor Color

Post by Taritzu » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:27 pm

I would like to request, which I understand may or may not set a precedent, for the beetle armor color to be changed to a shade of green. I realize that brass, city armor also has color changes. But if we could change Beetle for now to a shade of green...that would be an amazing thing i believe. Thank you for your time, and I hope this is within the realm of possiblity (as in very easy to do). I believe Coral armor (same style) is pink if you needed a reference for the code to copy/change.

Thank you for your time and amazing job thus far!

-Taritzu

Aiko

Re: Beetle Armor Color

Post by Aiko » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:43 pm

Honestly, this is kind of a waste of resources for little to no gain.

I do however have a solution. Have you ever tried or heard of DAT modding/swapping? There's people who edit DAT files and change colors/looks and much more about pieces of armor. I'd recommend looking for it within that community and installing ones you like.

Raphtalia

Post by Raphtalia » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:39 pm

Eden devs really only work on backend coding, anything to do with a model swap or in game graphics has to be done client side (on the user PC) using .dat file swaps

Taritzu

Post by Taritzu » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:09 pm

Thank you guys for your feedback. I will look into a dat/mine swapping just the color. It's a small thing, but I would absolutely love it.

Hopefully i can find one that simply changes the color of the armor, anything beyond that I have interest in.

atom0s
Site Admin

Post by atom0s » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:06 pm

Moved this to General, this is not a server related type of request or thing we will do. DAT edits for things like this can be done, just not something the dev team for the server will focus on as it is client side.

snappers

Post by snappers » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:57 pm

you can edit this yourself client side. You can also do other great things like make everyone taru or make everyone appear naked if you want.

Works in other games too !

Lenduaks

Beetle Armor Color

Post by Lenduaks » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:38 am

What words... super, excellent idea