Behind the scenes of Eden Discussion

Post about Eden, gameplay mechanics, your love of FFXI, whatever!
cheezcake

Re: Behind the scenes of Eden Discussion

Post by cheezcake » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:22 am

Lol Doom

toobuku

Post by toobuku » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:44 pm

RIP Hocho

Twilight

Post by Twilight » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:00 am

Sorry for the bump.
Devs, if / when you find cheating exploits do you push them uptree to DSP? If you do that then people could mostly use their own DSP instances to test all cheats / exploits instead of on Eden itself.

gweivyth

Post by gweivyth » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:23 am

Twilight wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:00 am
Sorry for the bump.
Devs, if / when you find cheating exploits do you push them uptree to DSP? If you do that then people could mostly use their own DSP instances to test all cheats / exploits instead of on Eden itself.
Eden and base DSP are so different from each other that I imagine most things that would work on DSP would work here.
Gweivyth.//
  • 75 WAR, MNK, PLD, THF, DRG, NIN, WHM
  • Bonecraft 100+5
  • Leathercraft 60+1
  • Clothcraft 82+2
New and need some friends? Join Skyward! Our discord!

Mozzy

Post by Mozzy » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:38 am

Twilight wrote:
Sorry for the bump.
I don't think they do, simply because of DSP's process for submitting fixes. Most things I'd call "exploits" are moreso things undertuned that people aren't reporting. As for cheats and such, that's really a matter of setting up server-side detection.

Twilight

Post by Twilight » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:51 am

Mozzy wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:38 am
Twilight wrote:
Sorry for the bump.
I don't think they do, simply because of DSP's process for submitting fixes. Most things I'd call "exploits" are moreso things undertuned that people aren't reporting. As for cheats and such, that's really a matter of setting up server-side detection.
Actually if there's one thing that is better for all of us that they don't disclose is the cheat detection mechanisms. If they did that people with sufficient technical skills would have been able to figure out how to cheat without being detected.

Mozzy

Post by Mozzy » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:28 am

Twilight wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:51 am
Actually if there's one thing that is better for all of us that they don't disclose is the cheat detection mechanisms. If they did that people with sufficient technical skills would have been able to figure out how to cheat without being detected.
I mean... There's a lot of things that simply can't be cheated. Or if you do, it's very obvious.

Godmode

Post by Godmode » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:15 pm

Locking this as it seems no longer relevant.