Beast Affinity Changes

A place for the community to collaborate on the current and upcoming development of the server.

Moderator: Moderator

Azmanz

Beast Affinity Changes

Post by Azmanz » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:46 pm

I would like to suggest being able to cap Beast Affinity to 5/5 instead of 3/5. At 3/5 it is essentially worthless it as it just moves the level 65 pets to level 71, which you'd still not use at 75.

I've recently been farming and cooking up non-Crab pets (Lars/Allie/Chuckey) and it's made BST way more enjoyable than just sending out CC for everything. I would like access to a few more pets (specifically Como and the Funguar), especially since we have Ready -- which makes it easier to choose a pet based on the situation.

Miffee

Re: Beast Affinity Changes

Post by Miffee » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:37 pm

I haven't hit merit levels on this server yet (currently only 42) but was this EVER capped at 3 on retail? I don't recall that having been a thing...

gweivyth

Post by gweivyth » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:55 pm

Miffee wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:37 pm
I haven't hit merit levels on this server yet (currently only 42) but was this EVER capped at 3 on retail? I don't recall that having been a thing...
According to this wiki edit from 2007 they were still capped at 3, I couldn't find the one where they bumped it to 5, still looking.

https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Ca ... did=731977

Edit: Looks like it was upped to 5 in June of 2008. https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Ca ... did=731786

If this change was made I would probably level and play Beastmaster regularly.
Gweivyth.//
  • 75 WAR, MNK, PLD, THF, DRG, NIN, WHM
  • Bonecraft 100+2
  • Leathercraft 60
  • Clothcraft 82+2
New and need some friends? Join Skyward! Our discord!

mattyg

Post by mattyg » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:31 am

Option 1. Change it to +3 per level instead of 2. If this change for BST is beneficial but not overpowered. This would leave pets at 74?

Option 2. Allow all group 2 merits to be 5/5 again? Some jobs gain large boosts from this.

I don’t play BST but I think option 1 would be OK and not completely broken as pets would still only be 74 :/

gweivyth

Post by gweivyth » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:06 pm

Honestly I don't think that will do it. Beastmaster as a job will still be worthless. It doesn't address the core issues of jug pets tbh, because even the ones that do cap at 75 have abysmal stats.
Gweivyth.//
  • 75 WAR, MNK, PLD, THF, DRG, NIN, WHM
  • Bonecraft 100+2
  • Leathercraft 60
  • Clothcraft 82+2
New and need some friends? Join Skyward! Our discord!

Ashton

Post by Ashton » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:57 pm

I'd support this idea if all jobs could raise those merits to 5/5. I don't think we should show favortism to BST, despite it being my only 75 atm. This would be a fantastic change overall but merit changes should be universal or not at all.
http://www.impact-gaming.us
Semi-hardcore Gaming

Rori

Post by Rori » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:51 pm

I think people have rose tinted glasses about beast and how it should perform. It's big thing was always how well it solo xpd, did level cap content, and could do some nms that required a group.

Not sure what people are expecting from it for an era server that it doesn't already have.

That said, allowing this request to give them increased jug usage doesn't bother me personally.

Azmanz

Post by Azmanz » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:22 pm

I think people have rose tinted glasses about beast and how it should perform. It's big thing was always how well it solo xpd, did level cap content, and could do some nms that required a group.

Not sure what people are expecting from it for an era server that it doesn't already have.
Yeah, this is more of just making the job 3% more fun. I've ran out of new pets to show my LS lol

It's nice having more pets to choose from. Last night I was able to stun and dispel Hydra with Allie, and I bring Audrey to Dynamis every week for extra sleepgas . It'd be nice to have a paralyze (Funguar) or a silence (Como) at my disposal.

Tanthalass

Post by Tanthalass » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:28 pm

Why don't we just change all Group 2 merits to cap at 5?