JP Importer!

Introduce yourself here and remove your new registration status!

Moderator: Moderator

crazyasian

JP Importer!

Post by crazyasian » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:11 am

Hi All,

I began playing FFXI in 2002 when it was first released in Japan on PS2 and was known as crazyasian (or that elvaan brd who wouldn't stop warning a subligar) on the ragnarok server. Not sure if anyone here also imported from Japan but looking forward to messing around in FFXI (missed the good ole days when cap was lv 50 and we had to form alliances just to get AF armor lol).

Looking forward to meeting everyone on the server!

Tim

Cambot

Re: JP Importer!

Post by Cambot » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:17 pm

crazyasian wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:11 am
Hi All,

I began playing FFXI in 2002 when it was first released in Japan on PS2 and was known as crazyasian (or that elvaan brd who wouldn't stop warning a subligar) on the ragnarok server. Not sure if anyone here also imported from Japan but looking forward to messing around in FFXI (missed the good ole days when cap was lv 50 and we had to form alliances just to get AF armor lol).

Looking forward to meeting everyone on the server!

Tim
That is really cool, I'd love to chat with you some day to see what JP release was like. I joined NA in 2003, so many of these things were fixed or changed with the level cap increase. I remember seeing that you level 50's couldn't beat Shadow Lord, he was impossible originally. Alliances for AF? That is hilarious. I bet the Red Mage hat battle in particular was extremely hard for 50's.

So interesting. I think Eden should do an April Fool's prank and limit everyone to level 50 cap, ;) See if we can beat Shadow Lord.

Godmode

Re: JP Importer!

Post by Godmode » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:32 pm

That’s pretty cool! Thanks for sharing.