Help improve yell

A place for the community to collaborate on the current and upcoming development of the server.

Moderator: Moderator

Godmode

Help improve yell

Post by Godmode » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:38 pm

Yell is on the website in beta form. It mostly works but we will need help from our community to work out the kinks and fill in some data. Each auto-translate has a key that needs to have it's text predefined. I've worked out about 50 of the most common phrases but you will certainly see things like "WTS ««02021C0F»» «Do you need it?» «/tell» Godmode".

The help we need from our community is that when you see any weird sequence of 8 alphanumeric characters wrapped in ««»» to post here that sequence along with what it should be displayed as. Keep in mind that these need to be posted case and punctuation sensitive. «Do you need it?» shouldn't be written as "do you need it?" or "do you need it." and «Thank you.» shouldn't be reported as "thank you" or "Thank You."

Please just post your findings on this thread and don't clutter up the Github repo with these reports. I will delete them from this thread as they are added to the decoder to keep the clutter here light as well. Thank you all and I hope you enjoy the upcoming feature.

Godmode

Re: Help improve yell

Post by Godmode » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:28 pm

Thanks Mozzy, Chen and Far for your contributions so far!

Godmode

Post by Godmode » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:23 pm

Thanks Atomos. That was about 2500 entries! Others will still probably show up. If you see them or anyone finds another list please keep posting here!

larwann

Post by larwann » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:28 am

The font being all white makes it look to plain. I was just curious if curtain auto-translate values could be different colors.

Not every auto-translate value, just important categories such as if it is an item to sell ("kraken club") have a green color, or if "Level Sync" or "Looking for party" make them red, that way these stand out. Since the font is all white, we must carefully examine every line.

Just asking for it to be easier for the human eye to parse.