Mighty Strikes and WeaponSkill

Moderator: Moderator

makise

Mighty Strikes and WeaponSkill

Post by makise » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:39 pm

I'm only around lvl 40 on war, but I feels like Mighty Strikes doesn't work on Weaponskill on Eden, Am I wrong? Are there any test server player can access to test those kind of stuff?

Not sure if I'm posting in the correct forum, so sorry if it's not the propper place to post this

Veikuri

Re: Mighty Strikes and WeaponSkill

Post by Veikuri » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:54 pm

Go out to a zone and use Iron Break, then use SA Iron Break as war/thf, then use Mighty Strikes + Iron Break. Check the TP return to make sure you don't Double Attack on a lv 1 mob. SA + Iron Break and Mighty Strikes + Iron Break should do the same, and Iron Break by itself should do less. If Mighty Strikes + Iron Break does the same as SA, then it works, if it does the same as regular then it doesn't work.

makise

Post by makise » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:56 pm

It is still not working, but it should be being worked on as a bug about it has been reported

Caelic

Post by Caelic » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:01 pm

Mighty strikes is not supposed to work on weapon skills.
A bird's trust is not in the branch.

Aneyus

Post by Aneyus » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:18 am

Caelic wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:01 pm
It absolutely does work with weapon skills on retail, and it always has. A quick wiki search confirms this as well.

"Also affects physical weapon skills used while ability is active."
https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Mighty_Strikes

Istanbul

Post by Istanbul » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:10 pm

Aneyus wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:18 am
Caelic wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:01 pm
It absolutely does work with weapon skills on retail, and it always has. A quick wiki search confirms this as well.

"Also affects physical weapon skills used while ability is active."
https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Mighty_Strikes
Yep, as a career warrior on fenrir, mighty strikes + top ws was a go to for a big spike of damage.

Caelic

Post by Caelic » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:11 pm

Veikuri wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:54 pm
Go out to a zone and use Iron Break, then use SA Iron Break as war/thf, then use Mighty Strikes + Iron Break. Check the TP return to make sure you don't Double Attack on a lv 1 mob. SA + Iron Break and Mighty Strikes + Iron Break should do the same, and Iron Break by itself should do less. If Mighty Strikes + Iron Break does the same as SA, then it works, if it does the same as regular then it doesn't work.
Mighty Strikes testing will not work on level 1 mobs. Critical strikes increase your pdif and your pdif is already capped if fighting something with far less defense than your attack.

I take back my last statement, I didn't know Mighty Strikes was supposed to work with weapon skills. Being on DSP for far too long has started to warp my views.

I did just a quick test on a test server as a level 24 against EP dhalmels so that I knew my pdif wasn't going to cap out and...

So something's not right. This is on my owns server so Eden may have something different coded but I seriously doubt it. There's a check case in the script for weapon skills in weaponskills.lua and it seems to be increasing the pdif if the player has Mighty Strikes active but... it's not really? Something's bugged.

Edit: the check for Mighty Strikes is on the same line for Sneak Attack and we know SA works so... I checked if maybe the check for the player having Mighty Strikes was just broken somehow so I wrote a quick debug message if it's working and...

So idk.

Edit 2: Found the issue. In weaponskills.lua:

Code: Select all

if (params.canCrit or isSneakValid or isAssassinValid) then
change to:

Code: Select all

if (params.canCrit or isSneakValid or isAssassinValid or hasMightyStrikes) then
The Mighty Strikes check was in fact in the script, it was just inside that if statement but was never able to actually activate because most weaponskills are set to FALSE under their params.canCrit. Interesting tidbit because of this: Raging Rush has params.canCrit = TRUE so at least that works correctly right now as-is on Eden w/ MS. Will have a cool pic of this working on Fast Blade post-fix in a minute.

Edit 3: Woohoo~
A bird's trust is not in the branch.

Istanbul

Post by Istanbul » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:28 pm

Wow, good work! Thanks for the effort!

altnob

Post by altnob » Fri May 10, 2019 6:06 pm

Mighty strikes only crits on weapons skills that say "chance to crit varies with tp" It was like that in retail.

makise

Post by makise » Sun May 19, 2019 1:39 am

Hmmm no, always worked with every ws.

-> https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Mi ... did=262274