Chat log modification

A place for the community to collaborate on the current and upcoming development of the server.
Kurt

Chat log modification

Post by Kurt » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:00 pm

Is it possible to modify chat log so that it will indicate who's avatar is being attacked or attacking? With the increased popularity of smn burn, a great thing imo, it's becoming more and more important to know who is being attacked and who is doing what to help better coordinate fights. In the current state you can't even tell if your avatar is being attacked which should be a basic feature of the game. At an absolute bare minimum, I deserve to know when my avatar is being attacked. It would be as simple as inserting a ("Name") after the name of the avatar.

"Carbuncle (Kurt) hits the Goblin for X damage."
"The Goblin misses Carbuncle (Kurt)."

Please don't point to a work around like /assist <bt>; /wait 1; /p <t> This is a fair and honest request that is a clear oversight by game developers. Everyone deserves to know this information without having to spam a macro to search for it.

Would be great if there was a pluggin that did this but as far as I know there is not.

Strider

Re: Chat log modification

Post by Strider » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:00 pm

This is not a retail thing. Just watch your pet's HP bar.

Ashton

Post by Ashton » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:50 pm

I recommend the PetInfo addon. It puts a nice colored box on your screen that shows your current pet's name, HP, TP, and MP. It can be moved around the screen as well very easily. It's not a complete solution but may be easier to spot.
http://www.impact-gaming.us
Semi-hardcore Gaming

poroburu

Post by poroburu » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:55 pm

I've heard scoreboard keeps track of pet's owners. So there's an API that Ashita can use to append this to the chatlog.