Is This Feasible

Post about Eden, gameplay mechanics, your love of FFXI, whatever!
Grahf

Is This Feasible

Post by Grahf » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:09 am

How feasible is it to play on this server without doing TOAU content, including not travelling to TOAU areas, not using TOAU items or equipment, not using TOAU jobs, and not doing TOAU quests and missions. Will people still party with me if I'm not wearing the latest TOAU fassion? If I don't drink the TOAU kewl aid to recover MP will they tell me I'm gymp?

I kind of want to play again..... Like most of you that play life might start to suck a little but in the next month or two and I might enjoy getting away from RL for a bit. Join the crowd so to speek. w00t. Have been way too busy to play since Eden swept away Kupo.... But since I'll have more time soon I'm thinking about picking up an old habit.

Mozzy

Re: Is This Feasible

Post by Mozzy » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:06 pm

I imagine it's possible, though don't expect many party invites 54+ that aren't ToAU parties. There's not a lot of parties 54-75 that aren't toau because the XP and style of combat is so much better in toau. You'd probably, at best, get a KRT party.

Keys

Post by Keys » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:45 pm

Why don’t you want to go do ToAU stuff? I’m just curious as it’s easy to unlock, and there’s a teleport person in each town through the “lure of the wildcat” quest to tele you to whitegate. No tough missions required.

As Mozzy said, you’re going to have a tough time 54+ finding parties. Although you can level to 75 in lower parties, once the exp starts to really ramp up, doing a dunes party when you need 40k exp to level...isn’t very fun lol.

Awesome

Post by Awesome » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:15 pm

There is alot of ToAU stuff that isn't implemented yet, so as far as gear and items go, it won't make any difference at the moment, your only problems start when you hit level 54+ like what everyone else said you'll be asked to join bird parties after level 54 but it is not impossible, there are guides and leveling spots out there for other places other than Bhaflau Thickets and there is level sync after all. So if your prepared to level up in places pre 54 under level sync or are prepared to take the lead and go level up in some of the more obscure leveling spots then you can level up to 75 without touching any ToAU stuff.

gweivyth

Post by gweivyth » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:22 am

Grahf wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:09 am
How feasible is it to play on this server without doing TOAU content, including not travelling to TOAU areas, not using TOAU items or equipment, not using TOAU jobs, and not doing TOAU quests and missions. Will people still party with me if I'm not wearing the latest TOAU fassion? If I don't drink the TOAU kewl aid to recover MP will they tell me I'm gymp?

I kind of want to play again..... Like most of you that play life might start to suck a little but in the next month or two and I might enjoy getting away from RL for a bit. Join the crowd so to speek. w00t. Have been way too busy to play since Eden swept away Kupo.... But since I'll have more time soon I'm thinking about picking up an old habit.
We miss you, buddy.

To answer your question though, probably pretty tough if not impossible. I know you had a pretty strong stance against ToAU, but honestly man I think you'll enjoy it if you just take it casually like you say you probably will. ToAU wasn't my favorite expansion either, but I think we can all agree that at least it wasn't WoTG+.
Gweivyth.//
  • 75 WAR, MNK, PLD, THF, DRG, NIN, WHM
  • Bonecraft 100+2
  • Leathercraft 60
  • Clothcraft 82+2
New and need some friends? Join Skyward! Our discord!

BengtJonssonJr

Post by BengtJonssonJr » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:09 am

gweivyth wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:22 am
Grahf wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:09 am

We miss you, buddy.

To answer your question though, probably pretty tough if not impossible. I know you had a pretty strong stance against ToAU, but honestly man I think you'll enjoy it if you just take it casually like you say you probably will. ToAU wasn't my favorite expansion either, but I think we can all agree that at least it wasn't WoTG+.
Personally loved certain things about WotG like SCH, new NMs that were cut from here and some content and whilst CoP is my favorite I am not sure how long I'd find it fun if it was the only content with nothing new coming. ToAU seems like a decent compromise for a server like this.

Falaras

Post by Falaras » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:26 pm

I mean you'd have to probably do level sync PTs the entire way there down to pre 55, maybe even down into the 30s as KRT PTs don't seem all that common. You'd definitely be hurting yourself via gear by not doing ToAU. You would likely want to find a group to play with that all has your own stance, or find a LS that is okay with your philosophy. I know I personally would not want to group with someone that is intentionally gimping themselves from important pieces of gear.