Message from Samurai Jake

Post about Eden, gameplay mechanics, your love of FFXI, whatever!
zanderken7

Message from Samurai Jake

Post by zanderken7 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:28 pm

Hey guys three things

1) this is a list of camps you can pt in

http://campsitarus.blogspot.com/
Tried n tested many of them personally except for (S) zones from WoTG and they all work. Except for that PuK camp thats painful, and the mob is too complicated for most to understand. But the World of Vana'diel is large and plentiful with fun camps.

2)Applies to both all the way up to Lv 75- Puppetmasters can tank using their pet and light maneuvers... bluemages can heal exp pts and tank as well.

3) BCNMs - 40 royal jelly specifically
You dont have to have a redmage and/or x2 polearm jobs. Did it alot with a smn healer.. and did it some more with a whm healer. Strategize....think..be creative ... use Barblizzara to block jelly spells.

You are smart, you are handsome, and i have faith that you can explore the bigger world of Vana'diel and conquer the burning circle fights using the power of SCIENCE!

~SmrJake (Betas follow the Meta.... Alphas Make The Meta)

BengtJonssonJr

Re: Message from Samurai Jake

Post by BengtJonssonJr » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:10 pm

Agree that site is great for camps. Good to get confirmation that pretty much all work on Eden too.

I definitely feel PUP automatons are not balanced properly. Dunno if is due to attachments or not though.

BLU healer sounds interesting. What would be their strength compared go a WHM or RDM would you say?

Shingler

Post by Shingler » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:45 pm

What would you do to balance them a bit better though?

Shalis

Post by Shalis » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:54 pm

Glad more people are getting sick of there being only 5 exp camps in the entire game.

PUP automaton isn't supposed to be able to tank as well as it does. It's not era accurate.

zanderken7

Post by zanderken7 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:22 am

BengtJonssonJr wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:10 pm
Agree that site is great for camps. Good to get confirmation that pretty much all work on Eden too.

I definitely feel PUP automatons are not balanced properly. Dunno if is due to attachments or not though.

BLU healer sounds interesting. What would be their strength compared go a WHM or RDM would you say?
depends on the level BUT!

1) availability of more healers of course when you're LFM for 3 hours LF a healer

2)depending on your healer skill, you can weave in dmg n stuns. Cursed spherefor example instead of spending mana on a curaga/healing breeze.. your skill would allow you to headbutt a cursed sphere +dmg.

3) creative minds can do all kinds of things with diffusion

4)being a DD with a healer offspec.

5)bluemage also has an arsenal of status effects that may be useful depending on your camp i.e. the stuns listed on #2
plus soporic aoe sleep in case extra aggro attacks your camp etc, they have their own extra tools to use

Falaras

Post by Falaras » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:13 pm

I was very skeptical of Blu healer until I saw it in action. This was at 75 and I'm not sure what level it takes hold. MP Drainkiss basically makes it so if you are fighting Colibri you have straight up infinite MP, I've never seen any other healer that could keep up with Blu in straight healing ability. The trade off is you only have 1/2 uptime on Haste (and even thats a weaker haste), but it was at least a little offset by the Blu I saw using /smn to add Rolling Thunder. I was impressed by it to be sure, just MP drainkiss to refill your mana bar and spam your fruits and vegetables.

Mozzy

Post by Mozzy » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:25 pm

Shingler wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:45 pm
What would you do to balance them a bit better though?
The issue with the dungeon camps (Crawler's Nest, Garlaige Citadel, Gustav/Kuftal tunnel, QSC, etc) is that the XP mob's respawn is usually 16 minutes. If the mob density was high enough, that would be doable. However, the density is almost NEVER high enough. I've had XP parties in Garlaige at the first banishing gate, getting XP comparable to ZiTah. The range doesn't last as long though, and the pulls are a lot farther. I've heard it's best to be a traveling party there.

Kaoruru

Post by Kaoruru » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:33 pm

Shalis wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:54 pm
Glad more people are getting sick of there being only 5 exp camps in the entire game.

PUP automaton isn't supposed to be able to tank as well as it does. It's not era accurate.
Not actually correct, I think it depended on the server you were on. On Titan I definitely tanked (also main healed) tons of stuff as pup, pup lets you get weird and wild lol.

Shalis

Post by Shalis » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:00 pm

Every retail server is the same, what are you even talking about?
Our tank pup is far too tanky and more current retail-like than 2007 era.

Kaoruru

Post by Kaoruru » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:25 am

Shalis wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:00 pm
Every retail server is the same, what are you even talking about?
Our tank pup is far too tanky and more current retail-like than 2007 era.
Think you misunderstand, I mean how much did you actually play pup back in the day, because i did extensively and pup was quite a bit more capable than alot of people were aware of.