Message from Samurai Jake

Post about Eden, gameplay mechanics, your love of FFXI, whatever!
BengtJonssonJr

Re: Message from Samurai Jake

Post by BengtJonssonJr » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:03 am

I'd agree player perception might have been a little different between servers and for the most part PUP was a bit underrated, but era PUP was never what it is here on Eden atm.

Nishida

Post by Nishida » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:45 pm

1-10 Solo
10-15 Dunes (best w/ PL!)
15-20 Arrow Burn Sync (AFK!)
20-25 BLM Burn Sync (AFK!)
25-30 Pet Burn Sync (AFK!)
30-32 Arrow burn as /RNG, or go to E.Altepa/Garliage for 2 levels
32-37 Zitah w/ piercing weps
Congrats, your subjobs are all leveled with minimal effort.

37-54 or 75 - Arrow Burns! The Eden Meta :)
54-75 alternative is Colibris :)

I would love to do alternative camps to replace all of the burn parties, but it's really hard to beat 20-30k/hr in standard camps.

Shalis

Post by Shalis » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:02 pm

Why rush to cap on a server where nothing even works end game?

Why does exp/hour matter? Shouldn't you be experiencing CLASSIC FFXI be all that matters? I level in crappy oldschool camps at 5-10k/hour because it's much more interesting reliving the old days.

I guess if your only goal is to rush to end game to be the "best" at a game people already were better than you at 20 years ago is your thing, then go ahead.

Mozzy

Post by Mozzy » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:08 pm

I mean it depends on what you want out of the game. Lots of people prefer the endgame scene and min/maxing. Not to mention the playerbase is a lot older than they were when they played retail, so not as much time to do things hence focusing on best xp/hr.

Falaras

Post by Falaras » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:02 am

Shalis wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:02 pm
Why rush to cap on a server where nothing even works end game?

Why does exp/hour matter? Shouldn't you be experiencing CLASSIC FFXI be all that matters? I level in crappy oldschool camps at 5-10k/hour because it's much more interesting reliving the old days.

I guess if your only goal is to rush to end game to be the "best" at a game people already were better than you at 20 years ago is your thing, then go ahead.
And I find leveling at 5-10k/hr camps super boring and honestly by 2007 which is the official server Era date people wherent doing those awful camps anymore anyways. End game has some bugs but I certainly wouldn't say nothing works, plenty of people running daily end game events and multiple active LSs.

Shalis

Post by Shalis » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:20 pm

HNM's are severely undertuned to the point of free loot, dynamis lags the entire server cluster anytime it's being done, and sky has never been good content. We don't even have the only good end game(limbus + toau end game systems).

What are you min/maxing? How to exploit and abuse bugged pets and abilities like light shot on wyrms? Or perhaps your 300 damage WS because the entire pdif/WS formula and monster defense is basically not implemented into the game?

Or, how about ranger burning mobs to 75 asap because rattk does 2x the damage it should be doing?

Min/maxing in a game where NOTHING is properly tuned makes absolutely zero sense. Play the game oldschool, enjoy your time, don't rush to the end so you basically are playing a completely inaccurate wrong version of the game. The leveling experience is basically the only thing that DOES work.

There is nothing to look forward to at 75.

Mozzy

Post by Mozzy » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:09 pm

Even if HNMs were tuned, they would still basically be free loot. Knowledge was the hardest part about era, gear being a bit less important than that I'd say. We have better gear AND 12 years of knowledge. If that's true, that doesn't mean you can't still enjoy it.

Only time lately I've experienced significant lag in dynamis was during Beaucedine, and only when we had large amounts of players (I think 35+?) moving to next pull while being close together. Cities seem much much better and continue to get better as time goes on.

Exploiting and abusing bugged pets/abilities isn't min/maxing. It's exactly what you said - exploiting. Report it if you see it. Just because the mob values aren't the same on retail doesn't mean you can't min/max. If anything, it invites more theorycrafting on how to min/max since it hasn't been figured out yet.

Burns were a thing on retail too. People here simply have that knowledge and then some. If you have data to not only prove but fix dmg of various abilities being incorrect, feel free to share.

A lot of your comments here seem to be under the impression that your OPINION is the way to play the game. It's a MMO. You play it how you want. Some prefer the endgame (which there is, despite you saying otherwise). Some prefer XPing. And even a larger majority prefer both. Personally, I'm in the latter category. I like min/maxing in both endgame and XP parties. The latter of which typically results in better than 5-10k/hr xp parties.

Shalis

Post by Shalis » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:52 pm

It's pretty hard to min/max when things don't work anywhere near correctly, though. 300 damage gekkos when they should be doing 1k+ and 1 damage bludgeons are pretty much not going to get much better no matter what you do.

You also have to consider we don't have the ranger nerf to their "Sweet spot" while also having rattk scaled to 2x the era value, so people are openly abusing something that technically isn't an "exploit" but not era accurate to not only level jobs, but I assume do end game fights as well.

Don't pets melee for non-elemental damage instead of physical damage, too? And blood pacts are doing more damage than they should, because there's something wrong with them - I'm not sure what, but is it 100% accuracy maybe? Summoners are being used for nearly everything end game, too. Then you have stuff like puppets that are far, far tankier than they should be while also being used and abused for this.

The entire end game is just using jobs that are overtuned, bugged, and inaccurate from our 2007 era. It's a cruel joke.