Further /yell restrictions

A place for the community to collaborate on the current and upcoming development of the server.
Sleazy

Further /yell restrictions

Post by Sleazy » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:38 pm

I'd like to suggest some further /yell restrictions, as of late, many players/mules do nothing but sit in Bastok mines and /yell trying to sell items, they do this all day every day every 15 minutes and it gets rather annoying, would like to hear others thoughts on this topic, maybe using the trade section of this forum more? Edit: It honestly feels like RMT spambots, I don't think that's what the /yell function should be used for.

Spoons

Re: Further /yell restrictions

Post by Spoons » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:54 pm

Personally, the yelling from people trying to sell stuff is ok, it's what yell was designed for on the server. I've also benefitted from people yelling what they are trying to sell as I dont have the time to browse every bazaar and constantly check the website for something that I might not immediately need but wouldnt mind paying for if someone is unloading it cheap. And yells call attention to those deals.

BengtJonssonJr

Post by BengtJonssonJr » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:58 pm

I love the yell feature. Don't want to see any other restrictions at all.

It would be cool if there were some yell filters so those that get annoyed could use it to not see yell, but no thanks to any further restrictions for me.

Mozzy

Post by Mozzy » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:25 pm

If you see people doing it every 15 minutes like you say, you could just blacklist that character.

Sleazy

Post by Sleazy » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:38 pm

Not sure if its possible but maybe a separate chat like /yell for trading and one for LFG? Not many people use the /sh so if its possible to change that to server wide and use that for trading? Just a suggestion

Shalis

Post by Shalis » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:01 pm

Buying items off the AH then trying to flip them by spamming /yell should be a bannable offense.