Hi

false132

Hi

Post by false132 » Sun May 19, 2019 2:13 am

Hello fellow Beastmasters. I was wondering if you guys would be willing to give up ready for a buff that would make us a bit more useful in parties? Ready is already out of era and a small buff to acc and att for our pets might help for those who like to party more than solo. What you guys think?

MihkiMilli

Re: Hi

Post by MihkiMilli » Mon May 20, 2019 4:02 am

There is a discussion on this topic here if you want to add in your 2 cents:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1295

Removing ready in exchange for a small accuracy boost would finish this job off though. Without control over what its pets are doing it's not only an objectively bad job but also unpredictable and none of its situational pet abilities are useful anymore.

Wade

Post by Wade » Mon May 20, 2019 10:53 pm

Why trade one for the other? Beastmaster in Era was the most neglected and shunned job. Bringing a little bit of balance to the job by providing access to the Ready ability is a good thing. Beastmaster is, at this point on Eden, mostly only good for situational NM's and farming.

Snarl was introduced in 2007, Ready in 2009, and neither of these abilities really gave BST an advantage over other jobs; particularly Snarl since jug pets are much softer than charmed pets. The Pet Accuracy issue was not addressed by SE until much later than 2007 with the addition of gear & food that augmented pet stats.

If the goal is to make Bst more acceptable to parties, removing Ready is seriously a step backward. You won't be able to use Sic in an XP party for fear of your pet doing an AOE move.

BST's just need a pet accuracy buff, or access to pet accuracy food. There is no need to remove Ready in my opinion.

edit: Access to more uncapped Jugs, or increasing the lvl cap of all HQ jugs to 75 would be a massive win for Bst. Its pretty lame that the only reasonably affordable option at 75 is CC.

Ashton

Post by Ashton » Tue May 21, 2019 8:36 pm

I think people need to stop trying to make BST fit into conventional parties. It wasn't meant to, clearly. So stop trying to suggest changes to further that agenda. The job is a soloist primarily. It also excels in pet-parties. Leave it at that and be happy.
http://www.impact-gaming.us
Semi-hardcore Gaming

Lazychocobo

Post by Lazychocobo » Wed May 22, 2019 11:02 am

Please leave bst alone unless it's fixing pathing, I dont have any servers left to move to.

false132

Post by false132 » Wed May 22, 2019 3:49 pm

Ashton wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 8:36 pm
I think people need to stop trying to make BST fit into conventional parties. It wasn't meant to, clearly. So stop trying to suggest changes to further that agenda. The job is a soloist primarily. It also excels in pet-parties. Leave it at that and be happy.
So we aren't allowed to play the job as we see fit?

Odeken

Post by Odeken » Thu May 23, 2019 6:28 am

BST is already too dumbed down on Eden. I hate the thought of it being even more party friendly but what's the point of trying to relive the good old BST days when it's already nerfed. Many noobs have claimed the job already, why not let them have their way, the good days aren't coming back.

Wade

Post by Wade » Thu May 23, 2019 3:15 pm

Odeken wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 6:28 am
BST is already too dumbed down on Eden. I hate the thought of it being even more party friendly but what's the point of trying to relive the good old BST days when it's already nerfed. Many noobs have claimed the job already, why not let them have their way, the good days aren't coming back.
I solo'd Bst to 75 on two characters in Era Retail. From a solo'ing perspective, the job on Eden doesn't feel too dumbed down. I've only solo'd to 37 on Eden; is there something that happens at higher lvl's that dumbs it down which I've not noticed yet? Differences I've noticed most are:
  • Released mobs aggro right away without any lag time. This makes certain things more difficult, especially if you need to release a mob which will link to the one you're fighting. As soon as you release you'll be getting hacked to death by both. If space is tight and I can't run away to release my pet without aggro, I have to let it die which slows down solo'ing and forces me to reconvert it to EM.
  • Pets seem to hold hate a lot better than they did on retail. I can jump in and melee right away, and in some cases I can pet swap and kite after melee'ing without fear.
  • Pathing issues make it too easy to kite mobs around or escape without fear.
  • There is no 30% exp penalty for having a pet. Personally, I think this is a good thing.
  • Charm success rate seems to come in bad streaks. There have been several times where I've mischarmed 5 or more times in a row on an EM pet. I don't remember ever having that happen on retail. It's caused more than a few deaths and makes it difficult to solo.
  • Access to the Ready ability surprised me. But Jug pets are way too squishy to exp with, which is the same as retail.
I've seen several complaints about pets at endgame having accuracy on xp mobs in the 25% range. Assuming this is true, it is a lot worse than what I remember on Retail.

Ashton

Post by Ashton » Thu May 23, 2019 3:48 pm

false132 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 3:49 pm
Ashton wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 8:36 pm
So we aren't allowed to play the job as we see fit?
Not if your idea of "fit" is considered "out of era" on this server. I don't make the rules; the devs do.

You did ask for opinions so I provided mine above.
http://www.impact-gaming.us
Semi-hardcore Gaming