Job Adjustments, Community Feedback

Moderator: Moderator

Cygon

Job Adjustments, Community Feedback

Post by Cygon » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:20 pm

Please let the development team know which issues, even ones yet recorded, with each job that are incorrect, weak, overpowered, and/or bothersome with any available proof/citations, keep in mind we are trying to stay era accurate as much as possible, and give your thoughts on order of importance. Feedback obtained through these posts will be used to help prioritize and direct development efforts to make the most impact for the community in a timely manner.

Please do not argue with other posters, stay on the constructive track, and avoid fluffy explanation.

Ready, Older
1h vs. 2h Weapon
Stay + Leave
Ready, Newer
Sic
Claiming
Widescan
Snarl
Member of the Eden Development Team
Adventures on Eden Blog : https://adventuresoneden.blogspot.com/

Ashton

Re: Job Adjustments, Community Feedback

Post by Ashton » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:32 pm

Can remove the entry regarding claim as it was determined this was retail behavior.

My list in order of best fix to meh would be:
Stay + Leave problem (biggest QoL imo)
Sic issue (straight up bug fix/balance issue)
Enmity table/stay status being maintained after you Leave a mob or it uncharms (essentially the same problem as Sic)
Widescan fix (helps several jobs)

Also I do not believe we should revert despawning of mobs even after navmesh is fixed. It is probably the greatest QoL change BST ever got and it avoids serious mpk/train drama serverwide.
http://www.impact-gaming.us
Semi-hardcore Gaming

Wade

Post by Wade » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:34 pm

• Fixing pets becoming active instantly after using Leave would be at the top of my list. Not having this working correctly make it much more difficult to use pets which are aggressive, and to fight pets against prey which link together. When fighting with pets that link to prey (E.G. the Behemoth Dominion Camp) we cannot petswap, which ruins the ability to keep EM pets and forces us to wait for pets to respawn, greatly slowing down exp.

Fixing this should be a priority over fixing Stay, because with this resolved we will have little reason to Stay pets and then run out of range in order to use Leave. We can just use leave and get out of range within time.
  • My Second Priority would be the implementation of Snarl. It's a useful ability for BST survivability which I think is actually pre-WOTG and doesn't OP Bst in any way I can think of.
  • One issue I don't see on the list, which I believe can be abused, is that a pet's hate is not reset after Leave (or uncharm) & subsequently being recharmed. If I'm meele'ing along with my pet, use leave, and then immediately recharm, my prey immediately returns its attention to my pet. In Retail the charmed pet's hate would be reset to 0. This can be abused in several ways:
    • Two Beastmasters can establish hate on a mob with their pets, spread out, and the ping-ping Leave & Charm thereby keeping the prey running back and forth indefinitely. This brings me to problem #2:
    • The moment we use Leave, a small amount of HP is restored to the Pet if no DOT is currently active. Combined with the issue above, this allows Beastmasters to essentially heal their pets indefinitely mid-fight without taking any damage.
  • Another issue I do not see on the list, which is actually a great benefit to BST's, is that pets don't seem to have their own hate table. In retail, if I set my pet on a mob and there was a link, the pet would ping pong back and forth between the two just like normal mob hate behavior. In Eden, my pet will stay focused on whichever mob I tell him to attack.
  • Sic - Medium Priority. This can be a good or a bad thing depending on the situation. At one point I re-charmed a Fly, set it to fight into a pack of mobs thinking I could pet pull, and it immediately used Cursed Sphere giving me aggro on 4 mobs at once forcing me to run to zone. On the flip side, non-damaging AOE abilities don't aggro mobs making Bat Trios incredibly safe & strong pets since sonic boom can be used without fear.
  • Widescan - Medium Priority. This is more of an annoyance than a major issue, but it would be fixed on BST & Ranger so it will help more people and therefor should be fixed when possible.
  • Claiming - Extremely Low Priority. The only time Claiming is critically important is while hunting NM's, and nobody is claiming NM's with the Ready command.
  • Ready - Extremely Low Priority. This was a good quality of life change, long overdue for BST at the time. I think it should be left as is.
  • 1 hand v. 2 hand I have not noticed a difference and I keep my Axe & Scythe capped. Perhaps some testing should be done to confirm this is an issue.
Edit: I forgot to add, and I'm sure this impacting a lot of additional jobs, pets SIC abilities (and probably all AOE and Cone moves) will hit through walls and appear to have a very wide range on the Z-Axis. E.G. in Crawlers Nest, in the room where the Puroburos' spawn, my Doom Scorpion pet used either Cold Breath or Numbing Breath and hit an Exoray in the tunnel leading up through the wall. It took him about 20-30 seconds to get down to us and had linked a bunch of additional Exoray's on the way down.
Last edited by Wade on Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Miffee

Post by Miffee » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:55 pm

1) Navmesh/pet pathing - (by a long shot, I might add!) When I use Heel or when my pet is simply in "Follow" mode, it gets stuck on every corner, every pebble, every bush in the way - and can't navigate around them. Sometimes they get stuck on seemingly nothing - they just stay 17 yalms or so away without ever coming to me all the way.

2) Stay / Leave - Pets being aggressive immediately after I leave them makes pet swaps very difficult in any locations where you are using the same pet and prey

3) Snarl implementation

4) Somewhat selfishly, I'd like to see BST Affinity able to be capped at 5 instead of 3. The only real effect this has is to give BSTs access to different jug pets at 75... a minor boon to BSTing that isn't game-breaking by any means.

usedtobst

Post by usedtobst » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:29 am

The latest update changed charm duration to be dependent on the BST's level when used as a SJ. That is not accurate. Charm rate was based off of SJ level, but duration was always from your main job. I saw the initial comment on Discord a few weeks ago and should have addressed it there.

sootle

Post by sootle » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:01 pm

If i use "stay" on a pet and then "leave" so he doesn't aggro me immediately, the next time i charm it it will still be obeying my first "stay" and wont run over to me.

The only reason this is an issue is because sound aggressive pets attack you instantly after "leave."