Windower?

Post about recruitment, items for sale, game mechanics, et cetera.

Moderator: Moderator

beast

Windower?

Post by beast » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:06 am

Does windower work with eden if so please link a post that shows how to set it up or someone send me a pm i looked didnt find !

beast

Re: Windower?

Post by beast » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:03 pm

i know someone knows

or is there a trade macro of some type that works with ahsita so i can turn in corn? i need somehelp as i have arthritis and need to turn in alot of corn

Mozzy

Post by Mozzy » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:33 am

Since Windower and Ashita are both just third party clients that basically surround the native FFXI client, yes. You just have to move the bootloader into your PlayOnline folder after changing the name of the retail pol.exe to something else and rename the bootloader to pol.exe. That, or you could add <executable></executable> and put the file path for the eden bootloader in between at the bottom of the windower profile in settings.xml

sm_maelstrom

Post by sm_maelstrom » Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:31 pm

These are some steps I wrote down for connecting to Retail with the Eden client using Windower (I've excluded the first few steps for connecting to Retail). They should get you connected to Eden using Windower.

7. Create another profile in Windower for Eden. Exit Windower! Exiting will write the settings to the `settings.xml` file in the Windower directory.

8. Browse to the folder where the Windower executable is located and open the `settings.xml` file in a text editor.

9. You should see a section with the Eden profile. In the Eden profile section add a `args` and `executable` key. It should look like the code block below:

Code: Select all

<profile name="Eden">
    <consolekey>Insert</consolekey>
    <width>3440</width>
    <height>1440</height>
    <mipmaplevel>4</mipmaplevel>
    <uiscale>1</uiscale>
    <supersampling>2</supersampling>
    <bumpmapping>true</bumpmapping>
    <args>--server play.edenxi.com --hairpin</args>
    <executable>xiloader.exe</executable>
  </profile>
10. Save the updated `settings.xml` file.

11. Download the latest version `xiloader.exe` file from https://github.com/DarkstarProject/xiloader/releases and put it into the same directory as your `windower.exe` file.

12. Launch Windower, and select the Eden profile to launch the `xiloader` boot loader.

13. Login into Eden. Yay!