Offline Bazaars should be public information

A place for the community to collaborate on the current and upcoming development of the server.
poroburu

Offline Bazaars should be public information

Post by poroburu » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:00 am

■ The bazaar section of item pages will no longer list offline characters.
Offline Bazaars should be public information.

They are price indicators what things sell at. Now people can't make informed decisions when they go buy either high volume or high value items from bazaars.

The server goes down too often to rely on online bazaars. The last offline indicator was enough information to know if someone was sandbagging the price. All that had to be added was an additional column or icon for isOnline rather than excluding that row in the table.

Aiko

Re: Offline Bazaars should be public information

Post by Aiko » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:40 am

The exact opposite of this are prices of characters who quit long ago and are still being displayed. This leads to you trying to find him and never being able to and the price being either extremely high or crazy low. Which is not good to base process off of.

poroburu

Post by poroburu » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:44 am

Aiko wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:40 am
The exact opposite of this are prices of characters who quit long ago and are still being displayed. This leads to you trying to find him and never being able to and the price being either extremely high or crazy low. Which is not good to base process off of.
Some information is better than no information for many of the items I'm interested in buy sell trade.

I mentioned in my original post that you can easily indicate if a bazaar is offline.

Ashton

Post by Ashton » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:23 am

I agree. Offline/online wasn’t the problem. Rather it was people who had not been online in months. It should still display offline/online but should only show players that have logged on within the last 7 days or something like that. That would make the most sense to me.
http://www.impact-gaming.us
Semi-hardcore Gaming

Zardoz

Post by Zardoz » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:37 am

There's definitely a middle ground. Like Ashton said, online in the last 7 days sounds like a perfect cutoff imo.

Kurt

Post by Kurt » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:44 pm

Ashton is right. We fixed a problem only to create another problem. We failed to identified the proper root cause and will have to implement another fix. Unfortunate.

Godmode

Post by Godmode » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:47 am

It's easy to adjust this back to the way it was if most people don't like it as it is.

Kurt

Post by Kurt » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:57 am

Godmode wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:47 am
It's easy to adjust this back to the way it was if most people don't like it as it is.
Why would you revert back to a system that people didn't want either? I'm not even sure why you would suggest this, by doing that you'll just be creating another problem again. Furthermore, you would disregard all the suggestions that have been made here when you should be trying to incorporate it into the fix.

It's probably best to just commit some time and resources into developing something that is effective. It's not a particularly hard problem to solve and it's going to be a work in progress. Take your time cause you won't make any progress by reverting it.

Godmode

Post by Godmode » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:00 am

In case it was worse as it is than it was until I have time to make it the preferred way. Also it’s not just the few people that have comment that use it. I want to get more opinions.

Aiko

Post by Aiko » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:45 pm

I will say that i see the points in this thread as valid,but the current system is an improvement over the previous one i.m.o.

I could see showing players offline less than a week working well, maybe even 2.