Wardrobes 3 and 4 Ever Happening?

A place for the community to collaborate on the current and upcoming development of the server.
serephim

Wardrobes 3 and 4 Ever Happening?

Post by serephim » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:29 am

I made a post about this early on at the start of Eden and it was met with overwhelming approval from the player base and the idea of locking wardrobes to nation missions was conceived there. That was implemented and it's great as it adds incentive for progression. But sadly the thread was locked for some reason and the entire reason for the post was forgotten about. I am just wondering if there is any plans for releasing wardrobes 3 and 4 in the future?

Inventory is already an extreme issue for myself and many others and the more you play, the more the issue compounds further.
Since I have all jobs at 75 now, I have had to throw away so much good gear and can no longer hold low level gear to party with people. It's very frustrating not being able to take advantage of level sync anymore and play with friends that are not 75. With Sea and TOAU content on the horizon soon, I don't know what I am going to do. With no further inventory expansions I will be forced to just quit jobs permanently and throw away all the Rare Exclusive gear associated with those classes to get new gear from new content and I would really rather not do that as I like all the classes in this game and being locked out of them due to inventory restrictions kinda sucks. But this is the nature of the beast when it comes to a game with such vast horizontal progression. That is why Square Enix added so many inventory expansions over the years. The Mog Locker helped A LOT when ToAU dropped but with ToAU NMs and Dynamis came a whole crap load of more gear to hold onto and I finished leveling all the jobs so it filled up super fast. lol

Just thought I would bring this up again in case it was completely forgotten about because I know the development team has a lot on it's plate and it's easy to forget about things. Thanks for your time, and once again, big thanks to Godmode and the rest of the developers for all their hard work, much appreciated! <3

Edit: Oh and if anyone has any suggestions of content milestones that wardrobe 3 and 4 should be locked behind, feel free to voice your ideas below.
I was thinking maybe the first 3 Promyvions Dem Holla and Mea for 3 and then maybe Diablos for 4 or something? Or some other large CoP milestone. Maybe Airship fight once we get it? That's a pretty big one.

icarium

Re: Wardrobes 3 and 4 Ever Happening?

Post by icarium » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:58 pm

+1 man I'm with ya. Opening these up would just be amazing. Rank 10 sounds perfect to unlock one or both.

kittycat

Post by kittycat » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:40 pm

I will always support more inventory. I would also like to see Mannequins at some point.

pan

Post by pan » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:18 pm

Also in favor of this request, but I'd set the milestone a little higher, with completion of DM for #3 and CoP 8-4 for #4 maybe

BengtJonssonJr

Post by BengtJonssonJr » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:31 am

I'd say make one r10 and the other a secret that we have go find on our own.

serephim

Post by serephim » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:14 pm

pan wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:18 pm
Also in favor of this request, but I'd set the milestone a little higher, with completion of DM for #3 and CoP 8-4 for #4 maybe
Ah yeah, Divine Might would be a great one. Good idea!

serephim

Post by serephim » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:20 pm

icarium wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:58 pm
+1 man I'm with ya. Opening these up would just be amazing. Rank 10 sounds perfect to unlock one or both.
Yeah, Rank 10 would be a good one too for #3 since the first 2 are rank 3 and 6.
I just thought it would be nice to lock them behind another expansions content to further incentivize people to clear mission content.
Pan had a good idea of making one of them Divine Might.

Ashton

Post by Ashton » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:33 pm

I can get behind a few different ideas but I would like to see it be more inclusive. There is an established trend to lock the wardrobes behind milestone-type fights. So far we've got Dragon and Shadow Lord so we could continue keeping it on Rank stuff but in reality none of those fight other than Rank 10 mission are that big of a deal. Another idea would be to lock Wardrobe 3 behind something like Promy or another CoP fight. The last wardrobe similarly behind something in ToAU to encourage people to run the gamut on mission content, rather than just push rank missions just because.

I don't mind the idea of these things being locked behind major fights like Eald'narche, Tenzen/Airship or whatever but that does cater more towards the end gamers than the average person. Everybody deserves a shot to unlock additional inventory and not just those who push content for access to final areas. Believe it or not a lot of people don't care about that stuff right now nor will they ever/for a very long time.
http://www.impact-gaming.us
Semi-hardcore Gaming

serephim

Post by serephim » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:23 pm

Ashton wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:33 pm
I can get behind a few different ideas but I would like to see it be more inclusive. There is an established trend to lock the wardrobes behind milestone-type fights. So far we've got Dragon and Shadow Lord so we could continue keeping it on Rank stuff but in reality none of those fight other than Rank 10 mission are that big of a deal. Another idea would be to lock Wardrobe 3 behind something like Promy or another CoP fight. The last wardrobe similarly behind something in ToAU to encourage people to run the gamut on mission content, rather than just push rank missions just because.

I don't mind the idea of these things being locked behind major fights like Eald'narche, Tenzen/Airship or whatever but that does cater more towards the end gamers than the average person. Everybody deserves a shot to unlock additional inventory and not just those who push content for access to final areas. Believe it or not a lot of people don't care about that stuff right now nor will they ever/for a very long time.
I get what you mean, but the people who don't push to do end game content don't really have much of a need for a lot of armor and weapon inventory space. The majority of rare exclusive gear comes from end game content. It would be cool to unlock the mog satchel and mog case for those people doing more easily accessible content. If it were up to me, I would have all inventory space unlocked by default. But I am willing to compromise. :P
FFXI is a story based MMO. I like the idea of locking incentives behind story based missions because it gets everyone to experience the great story FFXI has to offer.

Keys

Post by Keys » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:07 pm

Instead of moving wardrobes 3 and 4 to other content, perhaps keep them as nation mission rewards as well. One for rank 8, then another for rank 10. Theres incentive to keep progressing city missions, since once you reach rank 6, you don’t really have to keep going.

Inventory space has always been an issue with ffxi, especially because of the limitations of the ps2. We don’t have that restriction anymore, and although this is an era server, even back during era it was universally agreed upon that we needed more space. Wardrobe might not be era, but no one is going to say no to this.