WHM MACROS

Moderator: Moderator

40degrees

WHM MACROS

Post by 40degrees » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:02 am

As a new mage, this would be a great place to add a list of the basic macros. WHM probably use Macros more than any other job.
First, think about which slots will get which command. Some people use the Control key slots (CTRL) for curing types of spells, and then use the ALT key slots for attack and/or buff types of commands, or visa versa.
For instance:
CTL+1 = Cure
CTRL +2 = Cure II
CTRL +3 = Cure III
CTRL +4 = Cure V
CTRL +5 = Poisona
CTRL+0 = Benediction

ALT +1 = Dia
ALT +2 = Paralyze
ALT + 5= Protect
ALT +6 = Shell

And of course, most people by the time they are level 40 or so, have several sets of Macros, for different situations.
Post your favorite sets of Macros here!
Especially the ones that are unique to NMs, etc

Zuri

Re: WHM MACROS

Post by Zuri » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:20 pm

I took two characters to 75 WHM on retail, and my third to 75 on Kupo. Here's what I've basically always used:

Ctrl 1-5 for Cure I-V respectively.
Ctrl 6 casts the highest regen not on cooldown (Regen III <wait 1>, Regen II). Allows me to use Regen II in a pinch without using another macro slot.
Ctrl 7 is Haste
Ctrl 8-0 are situational status cures that I change out based on whatever we're fighting. Usually that means Poisona, Paralyna, Erase, occasionally swapping one or more for Blindna/Stona/Cursna.

Alt 1-6 are debuffs
Alt 1 is a Dia macro similar to the Regen macro (Dia II <wait 1>, Dia)
Followed by Para, Slow, Silence, Blind, Poison (I almost never use blind and poison as a WHM but it's nice to have for soloing)
Alt 7 is a rebuff macro that handles Protectra and Shellra.
Alt 8 and 9 are situational barspells. Again, these get changed a lot depending on what we're fighting.
Alt 0 is flash. Shouldn't be using this much as a whm, but it's nice to have for impromptu claiming or add control when I'm PLing. In retail I sometimes used it if we had a NIN tank recasting Utsu Ichi with shadows down, but the acc down is not reliable on DSP so currently I would never use it like that here.

Anything else I use regularly (Stoneskin, Blink, Reraise, Sneak/Invis) I'll usually just type out using shortcuts set up in Windower (i.e. /ss, /bl, /rr, /sn, /in)

40degrees

Post by 40degrees » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:08 am

Zuri wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:20 pm
I took two characters to 75 WHM on retail, and my third to 75 on Kupo. Here's what I've basically always used:

Ctrl 1-5 for Cure I-V respectively.
Ctrl 6 casts the highest regen not on cooldown (Regen III <wait 1>, Regen II). Allows me to use Regen II in a pinch without using another macro slot.
Ctrl 7 is Haste
Ctrl 8-0 are situational status cures that I change out based on whatever we're fighting. Usually that means Poisona, Paralyna, Erase, occasionally swapping one or more for Blindna/Stona/Cursna.

Alt 1-6 are debuffs
Alt 1 is a Dia macro similar to the Regen macro (Dia II <wait 1>, Dia)
Followed by Para, Slow, Silence, Blind, Poison (I almost never use blind and poison as a WHM but it's nice to have for soloing)
Alt 7 is a rebuff macro that handles Protectra and Shellra.
Alt 8 and 9 are situational barspells. Again, these get changed a lot depending on what we're fighting.
Alt 0 is flash. Shouldn't be using this much as a whm, but it's nice to have for impromptu claiming or add control when I'm PLing. In retail I sometimes used it if we had a NIN tank recasting Utsu Ichi with shadows down, but the acc down is not reliable on DSP so currently I would never use it like that here.

Anything else I use regularly (Stoneskin, Blink, Reraise, Sneak/Invis) I'll usually just type out using shortcuts set up in Windower (i.e. /ss, /bl, /rr, /sn, /in)
Thank you, exactly what I was hoping for. There are lots of links, of how to write macros. Some list of spells even come with the macro the spell will need.....and all of those guides leave out what you gave here: PRACTICAL advise of how to organize a set.

Gartos

Post by Gartos » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:33 pm

If you don't use gearswap/ashitacast the best casting macro setup I've seen is:

/target <stal>
/equipset [fast cast]
/ma "Cure III" <lastst> <wait 1>
/equipset [cure potency] <wait 3>
/equipset [idle]

This handles all your gear changes and prevents blinking issues on both sides and the template can be applied to any spell.

Ryger

Post by Ryger » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:45 pm

Guess I'm the odd one out here. I had when ideal then enhanching then enf gear for the 1st 3. Then slow para. For the alts I had rest set. Then paralyna stona poisons ext.