WHM Sub Job

40degrees

WHM Sub Job

Post by 40degrees » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:13 am

OK, this has been discussed, a lot.
But it takes a lot of looking. You can't go to a lot of guides, per they have FFXI retail, with some jobs we don;t have on Eden.
Or the guides are so old, they only think about the main six jobs.

After a lot of searching, I found the regular sub jobs were highly recommended:
RDM
BLM

And then some deeper searching suggested:
SUM

I think if you have any other ideas, then hopefully clarify the sub job is intended to support in a party, or is it intended for when you are traveling soloing?

This guide seemed very practical
https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Wh ... te/Subjobs

gweivyth

Re: WHM Sub Job

Post by gweivyth » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:07 pm

I sub Black Mage to basically everything because I'm lazy, but I probably SHOULD be subbing RDM or SMN. I have both leveled, that's the worst part, haha. Black Mage gives you a few of the enfeebles that WHM doesn't have on its own like Blind. You also get Escape and Tractor which are pretty useful.

Summoner adds some minor blood pacts from avatars, and Auto-Refresh for 1MP/tick. Red Mage gives you Dispel and Phalanx and most of the same enfeebles that you get from being /BLM, just none of the utility spells like Escape, Sleepga, Tractor, etc.
Gweivyth.//
  • 75 WAR, MNK, PLD, THF, DRG, NIN, WHM
  • Bonecraft 100+5
  • Leathercraft 60+1
  • Clothcraft 82+2
New and need some friends? Join Skyward! Our discord!

40degrees

Post by 40degrees » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:23 am

Sounds like for levels 18 (gain sub job) to 25ish, BLM would be the thing.
Thinking about getting a chocobo at 20, ,and the ride only lasts 30 minutes, and you are dropped off.....where ever.... Being a BLM with some hits, and Escape, sounds like the trick. Then SMN maybe later?
When does BLM get Warp?

SO...I heard one person saying Ninja! As a WHM sub. But hard to tell if they were joking.

gweivyth

Post by gweivyth » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:51 pm

40degrees wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:23 am
Sounds like for levels 18 (gain sub job) to 25ish, BLM would be the thing.
Thinking about getting a chocobo at 20, ,and the ride only lasts 30 minutes, and you are dropped off.....where ever.... Being a BLM with some hits, and Escape, sounds like the trick. Then SMN maybe later?
When does BLM get Warp?

SO...I heard one person saying Ninja! As a WHM sub. But hard to tell if they were joking.
Yeah you use /NIN for soloing stuff sometimes. White Mage actually gets an absurd amount of haste gear so you're basically always close to being capped on Haste at 75 which makes you a decent melee for soloing. You also are the only job that gets the best Mace weapon skill, Hexa Strike. People sleep on White Mage melee, but once you have the gear for it, you are actually really formidable. White Mage gets access to some really good melee gear like Reverend Mail, Blessed Gear, and Seawolf and Sea Robber cudgels.

Black Mage gets warp at 18. Warp is really nice to have, especially with Warp Scrolls being 750cp a pop now. You can quest the scroll to learn Warp pretty easy in Bastok, you just trade a guy a Slime Oil. Here's a link to that quest.

I didn't level Summoner or Red Mage as sub jobs until I was already 75 on WHM. You don't need them. They're nice to have available, and I actually prefer /SMN for power leveling just for the extra refresh. Sometimes it is also useful to sic a Carbuncle onto an add. /RDM is mostly for Dispel and Phalanx, both of which are pretty useful when doing low-man group stuff like gods and ground kings. I've wiped to Behemoth twice now because I forgot to swap to /RDM for Dispel before leaving town, haha.
Gweivyth.//
  • 75 WAR, MNK, PLD, THF, DRG, NIN, WHM
  • Bonecraft 100+5
  • Leathercraft 60+1
  • Clothcraft 82+2
New and need some friends? Join Skyward! Our discord!