Please consider reverting to 7 Slots Auction House

A place for the community to collaborate on the current and upcoming development of the server.

How should AH be limited?

Poll ended at Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:29 am

Only 7 items per character
2%
Items expire after 3 days
10%
Completely retail (7 items, 3 day expire)
10%
Items expire after 2-4 weeks (actual time TBD)
50%
Some combination of the above
1%
Something different
2%
It doesn’t need changed right now
26%

Total votes: 104

Aiko

Re: Please consider reverting to 7 Slots Auction House

Post by Aiko » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:32 pm

I think 90 days is a lot of time for things to sit up on the Auction House without being returned, that's how we end up with a high supply and still a high price when the prices just stagnate and noone has a reason to undercut since they're never (or in the 90 days scenario) rarely getting their items back, so the prices tend to stagnate or rise. 2-4 weeks is perfectly reasonable for a return time. Hell, in Retail it was a week, and they could only have 7 items up at a time.

slamm

Post by slamm » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:01 am

I think one problem you have with this is like previously mentioned; low demand items. One thing I do like right now is if someone quit or was banned their items still stay on the AH forever and likely will eventually sell. On a high availability item, this doesn't really matter but on the rarer stuff, I think this can be very handy.

I really don't see an issue with how things are right now personally. I have never had a problem selling everything I list. Maybe some of you are trying to charge too much for some of your items? It's all Supply and Demand at the end of the day and it only takes 15mins every month or so to de-list anything people have aggressively undercut and put it back up.

Azmanz

Post by Azmanz » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:09 pm

I have never had a problem selling everything I list.
MOST of my stuff sells, but I run into instances where I get a drop I'm not really familiar with. I check the AH history and sell it for that price. Since I'm not familiar with that item, that price may be too high or too low. If it's too high then I have an item clogging my sales history and it's a hassle to get stuff back you don't want to sell.

Or, on my cooking mule, I'll put up extra GP items for cooking that literally have zero purpose outside of GP. If no one wants to buy that particular GP item for a month or 3, or if someone undercuts it, then it's a hassle to get my stuff back.

Godmode

Post by Godmode » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:36 pm

Ashton wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:45 am
2-4 weeks literally got 50% of the vote.
Godmode wrote: Items expire after 2-4 weeks (actual time TBD)

imabee

Post by imabee » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:33 pm

The current AH is one of, if not the best I've seen on any private server. Items are always available and prices are kept in check by supply. I get that people want to be able to return items more efficiently, but changing the AH time/count limit will negatively affect the market from a buyer's perspective. Please don't make us "camp" AH items for days/weeks (checking item db multiple times a day, /yelling for items & posting to Discord/forums).

I suggest that we create a return all items (or even select ones) option either in game or via the forums. Limits shouldn't be implemented until we run into the issue that Nas has where item limits were imposed to keep zones from experiencing extreme lag/crashing.

Mozzy

Post by Mozzy » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:01 am

I still vote for having a web-based auction house editor :P

Kiritsu

Post by Kiritsu » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:23 pm

Empire wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:57 pm
Please please do not revert to 7 slots. 100 slots sure. But this was a ps2 limitation and nothing more. Having a full AH crates a thriving economy and allows for economies of scale to create very tight price bands. This minimizes the room for manipulation by individual top-heavy crafters attempting to commandeer an entire market. It can only hurt the newer players.
There's no way 7 slot AH limit was related to PS2 hardware. This is all database info and the limits are superficial. The actual reason is to limit ppl from flooding the AH with items, RMT in particular. The fact that no limits are needed on this relatively conservative private server is evidence of this. The only reason limits should be imposed is to help facilitate a more healthy and balanced economy. Since Eden is a relatively small community, it makes sense to bolster the Auction House economy as much as possible by allowing people to list many more items than they otherwise could in retail, which promotes a better diversity and quantity of items. There's nothing worse on a private server than having little or no options for gear and scant item availability.

The lack of a limit is meant to help supercharge the economy, by allowing fewer people to contribute more, at least under the current player base, until it grows more.

I would suggest/agree with starting off limiting the AH with a fairly liberal number of listings per character, perhaps somewhere between 60 and 120.

andrews

Post by andrews » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:17 pm

No. Why. My god.

Tigen_Shintan

Post by Tigen_Shintan » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:04 am

Mozzy wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:01 am
I still vote for having a web-based auction house editor :P
^^^This. So that you can check your list of items that is selling in the Auction, and removed your selling items in auction.

Mozzy

Post by Mozzy » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:41 pm

For those checking this now and wondering what staff opinion is:
Godmode wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:02 pm
It’s nice to have the website complement some things that are missing in the game but one of the things we try to focus on is an era experience. Because of that the website UI is modeled off of ffxiah.com, just modernized a little bit. Having said that, I do want to keep things in game as much as possible for sake of immersion.

I’ve mentioned it before on several posts but I have an addon I wrote to manage more than 7 listings on the AH but I haven’t finished reviewing the security around it. It’ll be available when I’m confident it’s a secure feature.
From viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5072&p=12105#p12105